Youtuber
Yes I am one right here yep! :)

DerSchlankerman

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My friend Pinkstylist is haha ^_^
I'm not, but i most of my favourite and who i consider the most entertaining youtubers are LGBT
DaveyWavy and Johnluu are HILARIOUS lol. Also i love PrincessJoules she is my favourite!!

ToxicSludge

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm straight, but I don't see a reason to advertise the fact, so why do homosexuals?

Perhaps it's a "minority" thing, which I am not a part of, so it's probably something I can't understand.

Reactions: Symph

The Casual Gamer

King of Olympus.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It shouldn't matter, but I know that YT (Like already mentioned above) is very acceptant on whether or not you're gay or hetero. I personally don't care either way. I wouldn't care if you were all my best friends. It means nothing to me and pretty much everyone else on here because it's all personal choice. Also... Bi XD

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I'm straight, but I don't see a reason to advertise the fact, so why do homosexuals?

Perhaps it's a "minority" thing, which I am not a part of, so it's probably something I can't understand.
I get those feels. Very honest of you.

Reactions: ToxicSludge

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Unless its to do with the content you make then I guess I don't think its relevant (opinion). The LGBT community is fierce on YT but do non-cis/non-straight creators instantly get more viewers? I don't think so.
@BatteryAcid

In the future, please don't bump very old threads - It is likely that most of the original people are no longer active here and it is very confusing for those who are.

I have however decided to make a rare exception and keep this thread open since it'd be a shame to lock a 29 page thread with some good discussion that is still relevant today.

But message to everyone: Be aware that many of people who took part in this thread at the start are no longer active here. So be warned before quoting people and expecting a reply ;)

(You can check their profile pages to see when they were last active.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kath

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Reese has a LOT of gay and transgendered friends and none of them are like that. Even the transgendered friends of her's just act like normal people, I love that.
Transgender* The "ed" isn't used because making the word past tense infers that it's a verb (action) and not an adjective (identifier). You don't call someone gay'd or bisexualed.

My issue with gay people is when they basically define themselves by their sexuality and want to bring it up and talk about it at every corner, cause it's just like... do you want to be seen as normal or not? I can tell you're gay by the way you carry yourself
They can be proud of their sexuality and still be """normal""" though, right? Do they become less normal to you when you realize they're gay or trans? While I agree they shouldn't be forced to label themselves, I wouldn't look at it as detrimental if they do. They're still regular people whether they mention their sexuality or not. And, can you tell they're gay by the way they 'carry themselves' or are you just making assumptions based on stereotypes?

I am going to start thinking of that type of person as "that gay dude/girl" and it's not my fault
It kinda is.

Last edited:

BatteryAcid

That one crazy queer kid
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@BatteryAcid In the future, please don't bump very old threads - It is likely that most of the original people are no longer active here and it is very confusing for those who are.
Apologies. You're right I should have thought about that first. Thank you for letting us continue with the discussion though. I've still not quite got to grips with YT yet!

They can be proud of their sexuality and still be """normal""" though, right?
Hope you don't mind me joining in here, we were talking about this earlier in the context of YouTubers, who don't show their audience anymore about themselves other than their support of the LGBTQ+ community and their sexuality. This is obviously their decision to do with their channel what they will but it mightn't be very positive for questioning youths to see as a person's sexuality is only a small part of their identity. Just my take on it though.

Reactions: Crown

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's completely different situations. Are you choosing not to 'advertise' it or is it just because you never had to? You have no reason to show your "straight pride" because as a straight person you're not pigeonholed or 'other'd' based on your sexuality. In this society, there is no need for 'straight role models' or people to look up to so exactly what you would be advertising? As a straight person, no is telling you to hide your sexuality.

So yes, while no homosexual person should be forced to be defined by their sexuality, let's not act like people that do are somehow hurting the cause for equality.

Reactions: Kath

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Transgender* The "ed" isn't used because making the word past tense infers that it's a verb (action) and not an adjective (identifier). You don't call someone gay'd or bisexualed.

They can be proud of their sexuality and still be """normal""" though, right? Do they become less normal to you when you realize they're gay or trans? While I agree they shouldn't be forced to label themselves, I wouldn't look at it as detrimental if they do. They're still regular people whether they mention their sexuality or not. And, can you tell they're gay by the way they 'carry themselves' or are you just making assumptions based on stereotypes?

It kinda is.
It's really not gonna matter what it is Stef. You keep beating over my head that you really like funky toe socks I'm gonna think of you as that funky toe sock loving dude, you keep bringing up that your favorite show is Arrested Development I'm gonna think of you as that Arrested Development loving girl, no it's really not my fault that my brain rememebers what people talk about and how they present themselves the most, keep protesting that you're a mormon or jehovah's witness and I'm gonna do the same thing "Oh you mean that guy who won't shut up about how he's mormon?" "Yes that one" You can try to say it's my fault I perceive them this way and go you if you see it that way, but I feel like it doesn't matter what the subject matter is, when you keep bringing it up, you start associating people with what they keep talking about/flaunting.

Just like how when you think of the Amazing Atheist you think of Atheism, he's CHOSEN to make that his defining quality, it's what he always talks about, is he more than just an atheist? Sure? But when you think of him what do you think of? Atheism. He made that happen on purpose, and no it's not our fault, just like it's not your fault when you think of me you probably think of random jokes and glam rock music, it's how I choose to be seen, and what I choose to talk about the most.