[GAMING/VLOGGING] How to speak more fluently in your videos.

TheKoki

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Everyone's been there, making a video, and words just dont come out. You struggle to find that one sentence that will fill that situation PERFECTLY, but. You just can't! Well, here, today, im going to tell you a few tricks on how to get better at commentating over things!

STEP 1!
Make a notepad file listing all you want to mention, no need to write a whole composition about it, Just small, important points. Example.

Video about Selfies!!!11oneone
- Intro
- Skanky
- Duck Face
- Cool if at nice place
- No nudity
- Outro

As mentioned, no need to be nor formal, nor write a whole bunch. If what you are making is in a serious tone, Write in a serious tone. Not like the previous example. Thats in case you want to make funny videos. Because even if the viewer doesnt see the file, youre reading it, and if you can control your voice in a gaming commentary, if youre making a vlog, you cannot control your face.

STEP 2!

Relax! There is no need to stand like an army soilder in front of the camera, and speak loud and clearly like your giving Oral exams. Vlogging and commentating are meant to make the viewer feel comfortable, as if you are their friend and you are talking to them! But im also not saying to speak into the mic so unclearly all you can hear is "Muffle muffle Waffle"

STEP 3!

Have fun while doing it! Again, there is no need to stress it, even if you mess up a line, in a vlog sxenario you can just cut, and in a gaming commentary you can just laugh it off! It really doesnt matter, the viewer might laugh along to your mess up without even critising you about it.

So to sum up,

1) Make a script.
2) Chill out
3) Dont stress it if you mess up!

If you find yourself still messing up, remember, even if you follow the rules, practice makes perfect. And to all non - native english people, this is an excelent way to train your accent and english fluency. Hell Youtube helped me pass the Lower exam with 94/100 ! If it could help me so it can you!

And on that note, good commentating YT Talkers!

Reactions: Pwnde

BeeNee101

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's all good advice.

I'd also say that the more content you create, the more practice you get and the more polished/confident you become

Reactions: TheKoki

TYTDerek

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
That's all good advice.

I'd also say that the more content you create, the more practice you get and the more polished/confident you become
As someone who used to have a TON of speaking issues when I first started YouTube, this is 100% true. If you think you're having trouble speaking well, just try to make as much content as possible. There's not much you can do to help other than practice, so you want to practice as much as you can.