Gaming partnership with no commentary?

BTierK2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Okay, so I was wondering that some channels have no commentary, but they do have their channel monetized. Would they be in trouble, like my channel almost 95% consists no commentaries, but most of them are current existing games or from defunct companies that made the game, like Street Fighter 2, or King of Fighters (94-2002, etc.), and M.U.G.E.N. Is it still possible to get in trouble despite being partnered with a gaming network?

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
without commentary, it isnt "trans-formative", therefore it isnt fair use. So you're gonna need a gaming license, make sure the network is actually a gaming network and not just a network that promotes gaming.

BTierK2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What networks can provide me that? I'm currently with Fullscreen at the moment.

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
What networks can provide me that? I'm currently with Fullscreen at the moment.
for lack of a better example, TGN, but i wouldn't suggest them, have not heard good reviews.

I'm thinking you can go directly with Broadband but i dont know their requirements.

BTierK2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have thought about Curse.
Also, even old retro games would cause a problem? Isn't recording their games helping the companies?

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have thought about Curse.
Also, even old retro games would cause a problem? Isn't recording their games helping the companies?
By that logic, me uploading parts of movies to youtube would be helping the sales right? Not how things work, they are copyrighted for a reason.

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Doesn't matter, someone still owns the game, so they still have a right to claim the copyright. You have to add something to the video so you can call it your own so you can monetize it.