Gaming music

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Is it just safer to mute all in game music when making gameplay videos?

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Yup! Some music wont matter but better safe than sorry since most of the music in video games have their own copyright. Example GTA.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I got dinged for an intro on overcooked and could post the video which really sucked

SweetDaddyBrown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It depends on the game. This usually happens with games that use real music like GTA V, Need for Speed and Far Cry 4 do whenever you turn on the radio. Then there are occasions with certain games that give you strikes just for the background music like Borderlands 1 and Fallout New Vegas. This is mostly just an issue with AAA games but it's not too common in multiplayer focused games and almost non existent with Indie titles.

TheFusionOwl

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I suppose you want to monetize your videos.In this case, turn the music off otherwise I think it's fine if you just leave it on.

This is from YT team :
Tips for new videos
If you're creating videos with content from other people, remember that rights ownership can be complicated and different owners have different policies. Be aware of music. Many games allow you to turn off background music, while leaving sound effects enabled. And if you're looking for music you can freely use (and monetize!), check out our Audio Library.