Gaming Livestream Strategery

How do you live stream your Play Station 4 games?

• Through a game capture card to my PC?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Directly through my super sweet PS4?

• Other

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • We love you Mr. Brisket! :).

• Total voters

Frisky Brisket

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, check this out my dudes!

I have a question about strategerigizing strategies for live streaming game videos for those of you on this boss website that do that kinda sorta thing.....because I totally do. :).

When I first started out with capturing game footage, and live streaming games, I used my PS4's built-in ability to do so. The PS4 has a very nice, quick, and convenient way of live streaming. I did this for a while, but the video quality was 720p.

Later, I bought an Elgato Game Capture Card HD60 that I now use for my super-fly streams. The advantage of this is that live streams are now in 1080p. Stop the madness Mr. Brisket! I know right? :). Anyway, the quality of the streams just seems a little better overall with the game capture card and I can use the super sweet boom microphone that I now have, which is connected to the PC, for my boss commentary.

I totally like streaming with the Elgato card, but streaming directly through the PS4 has one REALLY nice advantage. The live stream also runs through the Play Station network, meaning that if I live stream this way not only does the stream appear in YouTube's Gaming community section, but it also appears on the Play Station Network for cool dudes and dudettes to view when they're surfing through streams to watch on their awesome PS4s.

When analyzing why, in general, I'm not getting as many views on my live streams I realized that this has a lot to do with it since I now live stream through the game capture card and not the PS4. I noticed when I live stream through my PS4 I tend to get a larger audience. This was especially true when I played Destiny. I would have viewers that would watch on the Play Station network. I would then talk to them about sliding over to my YouTube channel and subscribing if they liked what they saw, and, you know, some of them actually would! :).

For those of you that live stream games do you find this to be true also? How do you fun dudes normally live stream? Through a capture card or through your PS4s directly? Do you find either way makes a difference.

Please help me dudes. You're my only hope(s)! :).

The Friskiest and Flyest of the Briskets