Gaming Channels - Where Do You Share/Promote?

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi all,

For those of you who run gaming channels, I'm curious where you go about sharing/promoting your content. Which locations have provided you with the best return on investment? From which locations have you gotten the most positive feedback? Ultimately, I'm trying to find some new avenues to share my content and am curious where you may have found success.

Thanks for your time!

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
twitter is always good as those that follow you on twitter must already like you, so that helps. more of a notification than anything else

reddit is where video retention goes to die. people have had massive success on reddit. and any post there will get you some views, but they tend to click off pretty quick, and a lot of subreddits hate when you post your own stuff. experiment with it is what i would suggest

game related official forums i have had a good amount of success with. check the rules, some don't let you post stuff like that. but many have a fansite/community sub forum which can get you a few very targetted and good clicks

facebook i have never bothered with so cant help you there

THE HIDDEN GEM is Google+! yes google+ sucks balls, yes nobody uses it. but i found posting my videos on specific game related google+ communities can boost your search rankings in google, here is a example

as you can see, the video i shared on a google+ comminity and it started ranking 5th on a google search. way before my actual video started ranking

i go in to more detail here - http://yttalk.com/threads/how-to-seo-titles-descriptions-and-tags-full-guide-with-example.223822/

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
twitter is always good as those that follow you on twitter must already like you, so that helps. more of a notification than anything else

reddit is where video retention goes to die. people have had massive success on reddit. and any post there will get you some views, but they tend to click off pretty quick, and a lot of subreddits hate when you post your own stuff. experiment with it is what i would suggest

game related official forums i have had a good amount of success with. check the rules, some don't let you post stuff like that. but many have a fansite/community sub forum which can get you a few very targetted and good clicks

facebook i have never bothered with so cant help you there

THE HIDDEN GEM is Google+! yes google+ sucks balls, yes nobody uses it. but i found posting my videos on specific game related google+ communities can boost your search rankings in google, here is a example

as you can see, the video i shared on a google+ comminity and it started ranking 5th on a google search. way before my actual video started ranking

i go in to more detail here -
Thank you! I agree with Reddit. My viewer retention on views from there is less than half my normal retention. High view count but low retention doesn't seem to be doing me many favors. Interesting call on Google+ - I'll have to look into that more. I use Twitter and I'm trying to get better at it, though admittedly I didn't begin using it until I actually had a channel so my following is small.

BettyisHere

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Im trying to do as much as I can so im on twitter, facebook, google+ and yttalk, Im looking at other places like reddit but the more time you put into each thing and more research you do the easier it will be, twitter and facebook is hard as people have to follow or like your page and to build that is hard.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do not bother with reddit, it is a waste of time and everyone posting videos is instantly branded a "self promoter"

I hoped to get some people in the gaming subreddit to check out my first gameplay and give me some pointers, because most of those folks should watch gameplays right? Nope, got a link to the self promotion wiki from one of the mods there and that was it. I actually read that before I posted, and did not feel it was self promotion. I honestly don't give a rats booty if the channel succeeds or not since it is a side gig. But it would have been nice to have some tips and tricks from the community there.