[GAMING CHANNELS] How many times should you post a week?

c4geron

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I believe it depends on what YOU want. I'd say never more than 1 a day for simple quality/quantity argument to an extreme, but if YOU get enjoyment out of putting 2 videos up a day for example, do it. If you think the quality is good, you enjoy pumping out videos and your trying to grow your channel why not toss as many lines out there as possible? Your in the growing stages much as I, so the more content that's out there to catch peoples eyes the better.

When I started out it was a video a day for 2 months straight. I started to lose enjoyment and it started to feel like a really....really LOW paying job so Im down to 2-3 a week, maybe more if I feel like it. Until you have a following and channel that would be more efficient with a uploading schedule, its all on you bud.

Yong

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I believe it depends on what YOU want. I'd say never more than 1 a day for simple quality/quantity argument to an extreme, but if YOU get enjoyment out of putting 2 videos up a day for example, do it. If you think the quality is good, you enjoy pumping out videos and your trying to grow your channel why not toss as many lines out there as possible? Your in the growing stages much as I, so the more content that's out there to catch peoples eyes the better.

When I started out it was a video a day for 2 months straight. I started to lose enjoyment and it started to feel like a really....really LOW paying job so Im down to 2-3 a week, maybe more if I feel like it. Until you have a following and channel that would be more efficient with a uploading schedule, its all on you bud.
Alright thanks man, I think I'll try to begin uploading like 2-3 times a week, a main physical problem isn't time, because I procrastinate a lot :p, but the fact that my famiy's always loud and I can only record on my desktop computer.

RavageShot

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Quality over quantity is absolutely right, but i enjoy pumping out a video a day if i can, atm im not busy and my job starts on the 5th august, so i have a lot of spare time, but i can easily play an hour or so game, make them into series for my viewers to want to continue to come back and watch the rest. I enjoy doing it, my subscribes (few they may be) said they enjoy it and since my subscribers are priority in my eyes, then i will do what they think is best!
But thats my view, if you can get a video a day give it ago, if not then 3 - 4 seems more acceptable, ive seen people do 1 a week and get a few subs through it (their videos arnt even that great :S ahaa) :) Have fun and hope this was helpful ahah

AphexFlynn

Reaction score
I'd say moving at your own pace is very important in the beginning. You'll have plenty of time to figure out a consistent upload scheme later on.

Ukraine Arsenal

PC Enthusiast
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Unless you are posting FPSRussia, SeaNanners type of content do not upload more than twice a week, you want people to come back, and if you post videos every day than every single video will get few views that day and then be overshadowed by your new videos, its a bad way to grow your channel, quantity is good when its views not videos.

Justin M

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is it alright to not be on a schedule and upload iregularly? Because I upload anywhere from 3-9 vids a week