[Deleted]

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Depends on what I record. For example I been starting a new series of Subnautica, so It takes some time to edit since I need to do some cuts where I barely talk and I am getting resources, In other cases like Zelda, there is so much happening that it takes me forever to edit since I tend to watch everything and get into the video that then I have to go back and edit some parts lol so it really depends onw hat I am doing but mostly it takes 1-3h to edit a gaming video.

BanterDays

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use to have a gaming channel and if you add everything in from recording to the final complete video the process is quite long. But I guess you get stuff done while you import and export stuff but good quality videos I usually spent a couple of hours editing to make a solid video. Some are small which can be done quicker.

The thing you need to keep in mind is that you must not try rush your editing and produce a low quality video compared to your normal stuff. That will lose you your audience.

MrMauriceTL

Random Let's Play Gamer!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Really depends on the kind of game I play. Whenever I play a storydriven game I barely edit those because I don't want to ruin the story for the viewers. But if I just play a random game without story I edit it A LOT! It makes it way more fun to watch and for me personally it's a better video!

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
My videos aren't super heavily edited.
It usually takes the time it took to record and multiply it with 1.5x-2x

The long part is rendering lol

Olija

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So this question has probably been asked before and Im unsure if I even created a thread asking this.
However, I was wondering how long it takes others to make their videos?
It takes me forever, especially with my short attention span and editing style, I can honestly take up to a A day or three but thats me not having the ability to stay focused on it.

Im starting to wonder how others approach it as I see some youtubers chuck out videos daily but have clearly put a lot of time editing it.

So, How long does it take for you to edit?
Really depends on what you're playing. For me I usually spend alot of time editing just to make my videos funnier, and also have the nice professional look!

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It really depends on what the recording is. Also depends on the length of the video too :D

Weekend Noobs

If the week gets you down then join us and unwind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Depends how much of your personality you want to put into it as well. Some vids I do are quick to edit because I just need to watch it and cut out any bits I feel arn't needed. However if I'm doing my improv comedy game vids with judith and betty then it can take a long time cutting out bits, adding some special editing and effects if needed, adding colour indicated subtitles although I'm going off that idea now. It was good as a starter and I liked adding editor notes in the subtitles for moments I just had no clue what was being said lol
(We pretend to be old ladies so sometimes we speak over each other or our words are a little garbled)

Adding short animated cartoons of the old grannies if needed. But to be honest a lot of my time is spent watching the video back to see what to cut out, and also making the thumb nails because I edit little pixel characters of ourselves and put us into different positions etc.

So overall my thumbnails take the longest to edit. I'm planning to go over all my christmas ones again because they are all rushed and don't have our pixel characters in. I was doing daily videos leading up to xmas so it was very much go! go! go! when I got in from work each day lol

PrimeSyndicate

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Depending on the amount of effects I need to put in the video and the length of the video itself, it could take me at least a day or two at most. On average though, I finish my editing within about 2-3 hours of starting.