Gaming Channel would love a Review

Pizzaman925

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I would love a review on my channel if thats not too much!
I would like a review on:
1) The background
2) My Video sound levels and Quality of Commentary
And 3) what would you rate my channel, on a scale from 1 - 10

I am looking to get a partnership with either youtube or a major Gaming Network and would like your guys Feedback on my Channel!
Thank you very Much!
www.youtube.com/pizzaman925

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
First impression: Looks good.

The Background:
I like the overall look, just those metal looking hanging things on the side, don't really like that.

Video's:
-The intro is WAY overused in gaming channels, I'd get something original or not use an intro at all. Most regular subscribers don't know, but this intro is a template used by a lot of people. So if your subscribers watch a lot of youtube gaming video's, they'll see it more often. So using a more original intro makes people recognize it, and think of you when they see your intro, and not other youtube channels.
-Your video's are in 360p, which is never a good thing. 720p is the way to go, no matter what.
-Voice quality is great, except in some video's you sound like you're not close enough to the mic. In others it's fine. What editing software do you use? Because in most of them, you can boost the volume very easily, to make sure the subs can hear you in all video's.
- You sound like a laid back guy, and the style you have sounds great. People like to hear relaxed people.

I also noticed you do shoutouts. I can't say much about this, but a shoutout should be something that can really help the channel you are trying to help out. With 37 subscribers, I don't think you should be giving people shoutouts.
I also noticed though, you get a lot more views than you have subs, so you are doing something right with how people find you.

Overall I'd say you're a decent commentator, so if you make 720p vids, and maybe get a new intro, you are doing pretty good.
(I hate giving grades like 1-10, so I won't :p)

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hello Pizzaman! Welcome to the forum!

So...funny thing, I was already watching your first episode of random gun friday. So, anyway, let's get onto it.

1. I like, it. Simple...something I know I need to do on my channel...I feel like it's clumped...but yours is nice. I like how everything fades to black as it goes down, which is something I don't see in a lot of other backgrounds, so kudos on that. The only gripe I'd probably have (especially if you're looking for a partnership or a contract with a gaming network) is...well...whatever's in the middle. "replay graphics?" Is that who made the graphic or something for you? My advice would be to take that out and give him a shout out somewhere else on your channel page, maybe in your "About Me" or something like that. I dunno, it looks a tad unprofessional and makes an otherwise great background kind of weird for me.

2. Sound levels are LOW. I mean REALLY low. What you should do when you're doing your playback in your editing software would be to play another youtube video (preferably someone that you love or someone who makes similar content that you make, such as SeaNanners) while your playback is playing and set the volume accordingly. No one likes turning up volume to hear you, especially when they go to another video and find it blaring. Also, I feel that the game volume is a tad too high (compared to your current volume)...so that's something.

As for quality of commentary, I feel like you explain yourself and apologize a lot. I feel like that isn't necessary. I'll give you an example: in RGF#1, you mention that your girlfriend is more important than your viewers. Did your girlfriend put you up to that? In the real world, that makes a lot of sense, and I totally empathize with that situation...but as a consumer (or as youtube or a gaming network when you finally submit this for a contract), do I really need to hear that? It makes me feel that I can't trust you to put out content when you say you're going to put it out...and if I'm a big youtube consumer, I watch content to see SHOWS, that's what I'd subscribe for. Would I subscribe to someone who says their content is less important than their job or girlfriend? No. So even if these things are more important, remember to try to keep negatives and doubt out of commentaries.

I do like that you don't talk so much about the actual game. Your voice is nice, and you don't seem shy of the mic. You'll get better with time. Another thing I might suggest is pre-planning what you want to talk about during your videos, like writing down points and stuff so you don't forget to bring them up.

3. What would I rate your channel? Hmmm...never done that before. Background is nice except for that one thing. Your commentary is decent, but your sound levels are really low and you kind of belittle the viewer inadvertently. As for gameplay, you win your matches, but you die a lot in them.
If I was a random passerby and stumbled on your channel. Would I subscribe? No. But most of these things are VERY easy fixes, and a lot of the reasons why I wouldn't subscribe are silly things like bad sound levels and stuff. So try and fix those, and see how that helps your channel.

I'm feeling a solid 4 out of 10. But the differences between a bad, mediocre and great channel are really minuscule.

But hey, that's just my two cents. Take with it what you will.

P.S.
Do you record multiple matches to weed out the best possible matchups you can use? If you don't, I strongly suggest doing that. I hear a lot of the big time youtubers do that...so just throwing that out in the universe.

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Oh yea, and the intro...WAAAY too long. 9 seconds is a lifetime on youtube. If you even use an intro...try to keep it to 4 seconds...but personally, I wouldn't even use one...just a sign in and a sign off works well in gaming commentaries, IMO. Like when I watch Husky, or SeaNanners, or Toby Turner when he plays games, they just have a simple catch phrase or a sign in they say at the beginning of every video to let you know you're watching their video. I think that would be better than an intro.

Pizzaman925

Reaction score
Thanks guys!​
The Intro i have gone back and fourth On. I did a couple Videos without an Intro and it seemed to flow Better. But then when i watch the Intro on my other Videos i like it. So its something that i keep going back on.. And its a Simple Intro Until i decide. i got one thats Finished up and have yet to use it haha! The Audio ive always had a problem with. My First commentary ever WAS REALLY low. so ive always played around with the volumes just to see peoples Comments. Every video has a Different audio Level..​
the 360p thing has been something that has bothered me lately.. all my Past MW3 Videos have been in 720p And im still trying to figure out what i changed that makes them go down to 360p. It really makes me mad haha! like my last Shoutout Video was in 240p?? Like Where did that come from haha!​
The Apology thing is just natural for me. I dunno why... I guess its because ive always been the Nice laid back guy so I apologize a lot? Maybe? haha! Its something i hope to Correct.. like my Umms.. < which if you guys didnt notice i say a lot haha!​
But thanks guys! this is the Exact Review i have been looking for.. Everyone has been saying Everything is Great.. and to me i know theres something that needs to change and i need an outside opinion.. That was my Main Reason coming to YTtalk.. So that people that didnt know me Could give me some pointers..​

Neakiaro

Banned
Reaction score
Oh yea, and the intro...WAAAY too long. 9 seconds is a lifetime on youtube. If you even use an intro...try to keep it to 4 seconds...but personally, I wouldn't even use one...just a sign in and a sign off works well in gaming commentaries, IMO. Like when I watch Husky, or SeaNanners, or Toby Turner when he plays games, they just have a simple catch phrase or a sign in they say at the beginning of every video to let you know you're watching their video. I think that would be better than an intro.
You have not seen the vast majority of intros on YouTube then.
That was my old intro.

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
That's actually a pretty cool intro. Much cooler than what most people have, with slow moving stuff.
But yeah, I prefer intro's in speech, not video.