Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsKJ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
https://www.youtube.com/kjayy

Basic Summary of Channel:

Hey, so my name is KJ, 18 and for the past few months I've been working on doing (mostly) daily uploads on my gaming channel.

My channel is centered around "comedy" gaming videos. Videos where I either commentate about a topic over gameplay, record some funny moments I had in a game, or Let's play a game and try to throw my personality into the mix.

I've been trying to find my niche, trying to see which videos I make get the most views, get the most feedback. It seems so mixed, sometimes a commentary gets 100 views while other times barley 20.

Channel's Artwork:
All of the channel's graphics were made by me. I want to do a re branding soon but I just can't seem to find an artist that doesn't steal from me - over the past 12 months I've spent 250 dollars on graphics and never got a single thing in return. Always end up with being blocked by the artist or a million excuses while they continue to push out work for other people. I pretty much enjoy all of my graphics besides the thumbnails which I will admit are god awful, I just can't get the hang of making them lol. However I want a completely new rebrand because I enjoy my artwork, I'd just like something a little more polished and memorable.

Current State of Channel:
As of today, I've been sitting at 209 subscribers for over 2 weeks. Kind of stinks, but I've been doing my best to push out videos for the newest most popular games so that my channel can show up in people's recommended videos. Along the way I've noticed a few odd things about my channel, both of which kind of stink.

I. For some odd reason, no matter what I do. My videos don't show up when you search for a game or even the specific title in the search bar. This isn't for every video, but I'll use The Forest as an example. When I was working on my "The Forest" series, I would always go up to Youtube's filter and filter for last hour, day, etc and search up The Forest, and my videos would never show up. I'd have the titles, I'd have the same tags even sometimes more than other videos however I'd see a video with 5 views in the search, but not mine which were all getting about 40-50 the day they came out.

II. Youtube is infact unsubscribing people from me on it's own. 3 of my closest friends have had to re-subscribe to me 4 times because Youtube unsubscribed them from me. In one case, they were sharing their screen and watching one of my videos and they WERE subscribed, however a few minutes later they went to my channel page and they had unsubscribed without even pressing the button, I'm assuming it has something to do with the age filter considering none of my videos not a SINGLE ONE (which doesn't surprise me) made it into Youtube's restricted mode.That kind of stinks for a channel that is trying to grow. Not only that, but YouTube had kept him subscribed to channels like Idubz that's content is 1000 times more controversial/mature than mine.

Feedback

That's all I really have to say, thank you for any feedback you can give me that can help improve anything about my channel. Whether it's the graphics, the video quality, anything you may not like about my videos - please let me know because any feedback is appreciated greatly.

Also thank you to the YTTalk staff for giving me a place to make a thread like this - this really is a nice place to come and meet other content creators that are trying to grow just like I am.

radialDomo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say try to upload with a bit more consistency and add a few more Playlists or videos to your channel home page but besides that, your channel is pretty good.

ItsKJ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say try to upload with a bit more consistency and add a few more Playlists or videos to your channel home page but besides that, your channel is pretty good.
Appreciate it man, I'll get working on both

I upload Mondays,Tuesdays,Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays normally it's been a bit off though as of late I will admit to that

radialDomo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you have to go down to 3 or 4 days a week to try and give yourself a bit more time to make quality content, I'd probably do it.

ItsKJ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you have to go down to 3 or 4 days a week to try and give yourself a bit more time to make quality content, I'd probably do it.
I've been thinking of cutting it down to 4

Just can't decide yet

DeliciousCrackers

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My opinion here big boss.
You're funny for the most part, buuuuuuuuuuuut maybe that's your problem. Like there is a thing of too much of something can get old. since you upload VERY OFTEN people might get tired. Especially of that hyper overthetop energetic commentary. My suggestion is maybe upload gameplay like 3 or two days a week, and make a different show/rubric/list. That would give your viewers a choice and people who dont want to watch gameplay can watch that!

Hope this helped breh
Best of luck!

ItsKJ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My opinion here big boss.
You're funny for the most part, buuuuuuuuuuuut maybe that's your problem. Like there is a thing of too much of something can get old. since you upload VERY OFTEN people might get tired. Especially of that hyper overthetop energetic commentary. My suggestion is maybe upload gameplay like 3 or two days a week, and make a different show/rubric/list. That would give your viewers a choice and people who dont want to watch gameplay can watch that!

Hope this helped breh
Best of luck!
You did help man, I appreciate that feedback.

I've been thinking about giving this a shot for a while now, I think I'm going to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.