Gaming Channel Niche?

The Clark Knight

Loving YTtalk
So I've been told that a lot of people get big over focusing on content of just one game. This has held up true, but do you think it would hinder or help playing two types of games on your channel? In my case it's Overwatch and Pokemon. I feel like I have half of my viewers watching one type of video and then another watching the other. Any input?

You have to get your viewership to like you and not the game you're playing.

That's the epitome of achieving success in YouTube's gaming sector. :p

So I've been told that a lot of people get big over focusing on content of just one game. This has held up true, but do you think it would hinder or help playing two types of games on your channel? In my case it's Overwatch and Pokemon. I feel like I have half of my viewers watching one type of video and then another watching the other. Any input?

You have to get your viewership to like you and not the game you're playing.

That's the epitome of achieving success in YouTube's gaming sector. :p

Couldn't of said it better myself - Everything Baylze just said is 100% correct.

Build up an audience that enjoys you for you, don't look to grow for one type of content - let your audience like the person recording the games, not the games themself.

As mentioned by someone else you need people to like you not your content. Your audience honestly doesn't care what game you okay unless it's a rather difficult game and you are extremely good at the game. The game doesn't necessarily have to be good but it could be that you're speed running the game. In this case your audience might care less about who you are and more about your game choice.

Get active in the community, don't spam, be creative with your posts. Get to know people. That's how your channel will grow. Right now you're a nobody as far as the YouTube community is concerned. People aren't going to organically come across your videos. You need to put the effort into become a somebody and just uploading videos isn't going to cut it.

Back