Gaming channel advice

CharType

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi.

I would like some advice on my gaming channel. My channel has 19 videos and I've had it for about 5 months, though I haven't been producing videos regularly all that time. I've only started regularly producing videos the last couple weeks or so. I currently have 114 views and 1 subscriber. I'd like some general advice and tips, but I have a few specific questions.

Are the games I'm playing good choices for a Youtube channel, and if not how should I choose games to play?
Is my acting good? Should I be more energetic?
I'm wanting to add more videos that aren't playthroughs of specific games, but me talking discussing certain aspects of games like what makes a good RPG. Is this a good idea?

Thanks!

Lazy Nik

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
IMHO, you can play whichever game you want on your channel. And you can do whatever you want. However, I do have a couple pieces of advise for you. First f all, get the channel art. The logo'sfine , bu the banner need to be chaneged for something neutral with you name on it or something flashy (whichever suits your style). Just browse GFX sub-forum for that.
Second thing - custom thumbnails. Again, fund your style, maybe use TubeBuddy for that matter, but it's what catches the eye of the viewer. Third thing would be home page layout. On the main page of your channel there should be a cogwheel icon (near thr subscribe button) and if you press it, you'll need to find "Customize the layout of your channel" and turn it on. It will make your cnahhel look a little bit more "professional".

As for those specific questions. Honestly, I would recomend you to be yourself. If you want to be more energetic, try doing that. If you are more comfortable with what you have now, stick to that. Most of us, I think, watch someone's videos not so much to see the game, but rather to hear and see the pearson who plays it. And it's not only applies to gaming.
To the second one, I can say only one thing: try new things as long as you like it, just don't overflow your channel with lots of totally different type of content. Focus on something one that is somewhat simmilar (gaming stuff - let's plays, reveiws; vlogging stuff - vlogs, challanges etc).

Reactions: CharType