Gaming as content to fill out "gaps"?

Ketrinax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hi guys! Since I'm an animator it`s really hard to upload constantly. I upload like once a month, but my channel just seems empty and dying from it`s inactivity. So I had an idea to make gaming montages like "Best shots in Payday 2" etc. Do you guys think it`s a good idea?

Reactions: CMTXRATED

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the video ideas / planning forum. ^^

Weekend Noobs

If the week gets you down then join us and unwind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You could try short stop animation? Takes less than a day to take all the photos and then 1 or 2 days to piece together on a pc and overlay sound etc. Keeps to your channel theme then and you get to upload stuff a bit more frequently. The rest of the week you can focus on your other animations.

To make it easier you could play with real world stop motion. That way you dont need props or sets etc. You may need lighting but little reading lamps are ideal for that. Just models come to life in your house or lego men etc.

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Hi guys! Since I'm an animator it`s really hard to upload constantly. I upload like once a month, but my channel just seems empty and dying from it`s inactivity. So I had an idea to make gaming montages like "Best shots in Payday 2" etc. Do you guys think it`s a good idea?
Yeh seems like a good idea, tho I would ask your fans first as they may not be interested in that stuff

Penny Art

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I just checked out your channel. I do animations as well. Did you ask pewdepie to collab? I'm afraid to put real people in my cartoons for fear of copyright strikes. Advice?

Ketrinax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I just checked out your channel. I do animations as well. Did you ask pewdepie to collab? I'm afraid to put real people in my cartoons for fear of copyright strikes. Advice?
Sorry for the late response. No, I didn't ask Pewdiepie to collab. I don't think that youtubers will strike you if you make a fan animation.

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It kinda depends, making entirely different kinds of content on the same channel can lead to it feeling schizophrenic and lacking in identity, not to mention that people that come for one thing might not appreciate having another shoved down their throats. But then again your animations are mostly gaming related so you could make it work. You'd have to find a way to keep it in theme, to have something that will connect your content together into a coherent channel. If you can manage that, then yeah, I think it could work.

Ketrinax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
It kinda depends, making entirely different kinds of content on the same channel can lead to it feeling schizophrenic and lacking in identity, not to mention that people that come for one thing might not appreciate having another shoved down their throats. But then again your animations are mostly gaming related so you could make it work. You'd have to find a way to keep it in theme, to have something that will connect your content together into a coherent channel. If you can manage that, then yeah, I think it could work.
Thanks for the advice!

Cromartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Ooh I saw this late. I struggle it with how long animation takes making my channel inactive too. I literally put up a poll asking what people want to see as gap fillers and Let's Play surprised me by being 3rd out of the 10 choices I provided (1st and 2nd place went to motion comics and animatics). So it's definitely something people like to see.

MutantCreeper36

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You shouldn't make a montage mostly because it shows only clips but gaming videos are definately a good idea as they are fun to make and can easily fill the gap while people wait for an animation.