GAMERS BEWARE

AtlinNetworking

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have decided to write an article on here to warn gamers with adsense and copyright. As the majority of people on here game, I thought I would share this article.

If you are a YouTube gamer and you have heard about monetizing, then I bet you want to start making money from it. However monetizing is only if you own all the content so for example monetizing a video of you doing a vlog with no music and just your voice, that is fine and should get accepted. However if you are a gamer it is a different story. If you are a beginner gamer, non partnered I highly recommend not to monetize. The reason being is because the content is not 100% yours. The bit where you speak is owned by you and it is your gameplay but 70% of your video is owned by the game company. So for example lets say if your Call of Duty: Black Ops video was watched by Treyarch and it was monetized, they would have the power to give you a copyright strike which would make it almost impossible to get partnered. But if it was not monetized they wouldn't really care because you are promoting them. And if you are lucky enough not to be spotted by the gaming companies by the time you go to apply for partnership, the networks will see you have monetized illegal content that you are not entitled to which just makes it even harder. So now you are probably thinking, how to people like Syndicate, PewDiePie, Tobuscus, WhiteBoy7thSt all make a living off their gaming videos. Well the answer to that is they are partnered. All these big gaming networks like Machinima go around to all the gaming companies getting written permission for them and all their partners to use their gaming content legally. So there is your answer.

So the oveaall message I am trying to say is: Do not rush into things and monetize strait away, like I did to begin with. Besides what are you missing out on, it is only like 2p - 10p a day. Build up your audience, apply for partnership, then you can start earning your cash. (much more too)

Any more questions feel free to comment.

- iCiazer
I hear what your saying but this is not all true.. we are a gameing network that has over 50 gaming video all of which are monitized. Nothing has happened and nothing will happen because youtube really does not care. There are a ton of people saying this but it just not true, no one has gotten in trouble and there are Thousands of gamers that do this. Correct me if im wrong...

Reactions: GKart64