GAMERS BEWARE

Unknown_user0001

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I have decided to write an article on here to warn gamers with adsense and copyright. As the majority of people on here game, I thought I would share this article.

If you are a YouTube gamer and you have heard about monetizing, then I bet you want to start making money from it. However monetizing is only if you own all the content so for example monetizing a video of you doing a vlog with no music and just your voice, that is fine and should get accepted. However if you are a gamer it is a different story. If you are a beginner gamer, non partnered I highly recommend not to monetize. The reason being is because the content is not 100% yours. The bit where you speak is owned by you and it is your gameplay but 70% of your video is owned by the game company. So for example lets say if your Call of Duty: Black Ops video was watched by Treyarch and it was monetized, they would have the power to give you a copyright strike which would make it almost impossible to get partnered. But if it was not monetized they wouldn't really care because you are promoting them. And if you are lucky enough not to be spotted by the gaming companies by the time you go to apply for partnership, the networks will see you have monetized illegal content that you are not entitled to which just makes it even harder. So now you are probably thinking, how to people like Syndicate, PewDiePie, Tobuscus, WhiteBoy7thSt all make a living off their gaming videos. Well the answer to that is they are partnered. All these big gaming networks like Machinima go around to all the gaming companies getting written permission for them and all their partners to use their gaming content legally. So there is your answer.

So the oveaall message I am trying to say is: Do not rush into things and monetize strait away, like I did to begin with. Besides what are you missing out on, it is only like 2p - 10p a day. Build up your audience, apply for partnership, then you can start earning your cash. (much more too)

Any more questions feel free to comment.

- iCiazer

Reactions: Hatterrific

RogueNinja

Reviewer, no longer gaming :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Or just dont monetize because it could easily lead to a ban from google because they dont want to pay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What about with Minecraft? Mojang has seemed to be pretty open to videos going up with their game.

I've gotten alot of Minecraft videos monetized, but some don't, and I don't see any sense being made with this.

watermelonR0Fl

Lord of the Melons
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
This isnt so much of a problem if you are just looking to make videos, but it is worrying for those channels that immediately off the bat say they want to make money and get partnered. Eitherway, it isnt worth getting in trouble.

thecomputertips

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
What about with Minecraft? Mojang has seemed to be pretty open to videos going up with their game.

I've gotten alot of Minecraft videos monetized, but some don't, and I don't see any sense being made with this.
they have said that anyone can monetize off minecraft that is why their are so many minecraft channels out there because people can make money of it with no problem

andrein2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Minecraft it's very Large Open world game and its very popular

Pearl

Sleepyhead~
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I already knew this, but thank you for the heads up, man! :up: