Gamer quits job for YouTube [article]

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Here's a very interesting and inspiring interview:

_______________________________________________​

If you’ve ever turned to YouTube for help with a popular multiplayer game like Fortnite or Call of Duty, chances are you’ve stumbled across one of HollowPoiint’s videos.

For Hollow, who has 2.7 million subscribers and nets between 20 and 40 million views per month, how-to videos have always been an integral part of his YouTube experience. Back before he joined the platform as a creator, he was a viewer, watching how-tos that taught him tips and tricks for his favorite games.

In February 2016, a little under two years after he received his first AdSense check in 2014, Hollow took the leap: he quit his day job and made YouTube his sole profession. Check out our chat with him below about the tough decision to go full-time, and how he’s kept his channel thriving as a “one-man show.”

For the rest of the interview: https://www.tubefilter.com/2019/03/06/creators-going-pro-hollow/

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
It's always been a brave choice, but especially now with monetization rules becoming more and more strict.

Reactions: Crown

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
That's pretty cool. It's awesome how one can quit their normal day job and do Youtube full time.
Especially with the right knowledge, content and support. I would be worried about quitting my own day job even if Youtube was making me a lot of money only because of the current monetization rules and shift in Youtube's algorithm (which happens quite frequently).

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It would be awesome to do youtube full time, especially as a traveling channel, but I have noticed that more and more people is starting to do travel channels as well. Even though gaming channels have the most member, travel channels must be close second!

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Unfortunately due to my content genre, I hold no delusions stating that I could ever make YouTube a full time job. My eventual "destination" under the new Content Quality Guidelines is most likely demonetization; at which point I will allow all of my channels to go static, and move on until such time as YouTube changes its stance or I find a platform more friendly to my content type.

I don't post where my content isn't welcome.

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Great, if it's working out.
If it comes to an end after maybe a year, I guess it was a cool time and experience nonetheless.

Dibesto Blessudo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is kind of inspiring. Many of us want to get to that stage where we are be able to get paid to do what we are passionate about.

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
Good for him. It is interesting to see YouTube and other online platforms opening new doors for people to make a living and expand their creativity.