Gamer quits job for YouTube [article]

I will never want that as a job. I have too much fun doing it the way I do it, to my own schedule, and not worrying about being robotic with my consistency.
I will do a chunk of videos for a few weeks, then schedule them all over the year and take a break for a month or two before I make more.

I feel if I wanted to do this as a job, I'd have to be more strict with my scheduling in order to appease an audience and Youtube's logic for monetisation.

It would be too stressful and I would end up hating it.

I've been doing Youtube videos for the best part of 12 years now, and I still haven't made a video that "sparks" interest. I just enjoy doing it for the fun of it.

I put in so much effort making them and I know I can do more to improve them, but overall I'm happy with what I do.
If by some divine miracle I do end up with thousands of subscribers, I'll still do it to the beat of my own drum, whether I get paid or not. I won't overdo it.

I would rather do my job I am currently doing and still have YouTube videos as a hobby that I do when I feel like it, just like video games, just like watching movies/TV shows.

Back