Gameplay recording software on the PC?

UltimateKirbyBoi

Certified Sorta Cool Guy
So here are the choices:

- Fraps
- Bandicam
- Dxtory
- Other ones (I don't really like camtasia...)

Could people with experience with any of these give a comment or two about the performance and quality of these softwares?

Games I wanna do include: minecraft, league of legends, Garry's Mod

Camtasia is more for people that don't have a lot of experience dealing with recording.

Fraps is the most used recording software out, for PC. I haven't used Dxtory or Bandicam yet.

Bandicam - I currently got and when did minecraft let play's I used that however if only use free version you only can record 10 mins but you could always stop and record again and put together.

Also for me when I record minecraft it runs really slow but that might be because of my computer.

Fraps - I found it complicated to use but other people might find it easy so I hasn't really used fraps apart from once when it didn't work so it ruined my let's play since I was playing and I thought it was recording but it wasn't.

I hasn't really used any others.

I'll go through the pros and cons.
FRAPS
Pros - High Quality Recording, Dual Sound Input, Easy To Use, Simple To Understand
Cons - Ridiculous file sizes due to no compression, doesn't record Flash.

Bandicam
Pros - Small file sizes, easy to use, dual sound input, can record desktop as well as Direct X/Open GL
Cons - compression impacts quality a lot.

Dxtory I'm not too sure about, but I think its the same as bandicam, just with better quality.

i use fraps and camtasia as they are the ones i find easiest to use. but i know for some reason with the new up date to gmod its hard to figure out how to record it with fraps, my advice would to use the ones you are most comfortable with then as time goes by try out some new ones :0 just think, its all about baby steps :)

i use fraps and camtasia as they are the ones i find easiest to use. but i know for some reason with the new up date to gmod its hard to figure out how to record it with fraps, my advice would to use the ones you are most comfortable with then as time goes by try out some new ones :0 just think, its all about baby steps :)
It is hard to figure out how to record with Fraps, haha.

Back