Game Trailers - No monetization?

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
No. Posting trailers is stupid. You're basically posting someone else's video as if you made it. Why do I have to go to your channel to see 'your' trailer if I can just go to the site itself or the game's official channel and see the official trailer. Stop making money off someone else's video.

You can also just talk about it and post a link to the trailer itself in the description.

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No. Posting trailers is stupid. You're basically posting someone else's video as if you made it. Why do I have to go to your channel to see 'your' trailer if I can just go to the site itself or the game's official channel and see the official trailer. Stop making money off someone else's video.

You can also just talk about it and post a link to the trailer itself in the description.
"Making money" would be monetizing, I stated I would be interested in doing it unmonetized with commentary. A LOT of people give feedback and reviews on trailers...its pretty common actually. Entire websites have been built on this thought.

Then again, a lot of websites have been built based on ignorance, so you have a chance!

Gandalg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think there are certain companies that allow monetization without asking special permissions while others don't. If somenone is really good at a game and thinks that it is well worth to upload a video it, it would be good to give it a try and obtain the necessary license. After all uploading game footage doesn't really hurt the companies, you actually promote them!