Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Game Capture HD Elgato Crashed while rendering

Discussion in 'Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware' started by Luceroboy, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Luceroboy
    LooseArrowBoy
    Cash:
    $19
    I'm practicing recording gameplay about 30-40 mins and Game Capture HD crashed while rendering. This is the step after you press the stop recording button and the software works to create the MP4. Since it crashed it did not convert the .ts recording. I found the .ts recording and I can play it, but it won't import with the audio to sony vegas because of its format.

Is there a way to convert the .ts to mp4 still using game capture HD?
    Should I just use another program to convert it?
    I'd like to know a work around just in case this ever happens again when I'm recording for real.

I was able to get game capture to recognize the .ts file. Do I share it as MP4 Original or MP41080p. It can't open it and it just says common error if I try to do either option

JollyDangerous likes this.
  2. JollyDangerous
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $159
    This has happened to me a few times. The option is depending on how long you recorded you could go to the editing tab on the elgato and slide the scrubber back up to 1 hr and press the record button again and recapture and it will render out that way.

The method that I use which is more reliable in my opinion is going into the EGC library and taking the ts directly into premiere Pro. I do all my editing in Premiere Pro because it can handle a lot of different video types as well as render them into h.264 for youtube. If you don't have it use the 30 day free trial for now or rent it.

Also just a tip I record my commentary in audacity not the elgato because the elgato will lag sometimes if your computer isn't running optimally causing the video and commentary to be out of synch or causing problems when trying to use the backup ts files.

3. WolfWraith
    I Love YTtalk
    You can try use Handbrake to convert it.

4. Jaguar550
    Not without Vakarian!
    Cash:
    $384
    Yup you can try to convert it using programs like Format Factory or Handbrake. You will defiantly loose some quality though.

5. Luceroboy
    LooseArrowBoy
    Cash:
    $19
    Through another help forum I was recommended tsmuxer. This allowed me to just extract the audio without converting preventing quality drop. You select the audio and pick demux. I was able to pop the audio track in sony vegas no problem. Thanks for the replies guys!