Gaining or Losing?

Itskamren

JEANYUSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
So lately ive been noticing that everytime I gain subscribers I lose some as well. For example, I gained 5 subscribers today but lost 3.This has been happening for quite some time now and I have no idea why. I know that youtube cleans out youtube subscribers that are not inactive sometimes.But this happens too often for it to be ONLY cleaning out inactive accounts. And it only happens after ive gained a substantial amount of subscribers at a time.So I was just wondering has this been happening to anyone else? Because it is getting very annoying.

stratafm

Ryan of the WWW
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter
So lately ive been noticing that everytime I gain subscribers I lose some as well. For example, I gained 5 subscribers today but lost 3.This has been happening for quite some time now and I have no idea why. I know that youtube cleans out youtube subscribers that are not inactive sometimes.But this happens too often for it to be ONLY cleaning out inactive accounts. And it only happens after ive gained a substantial amount of subscribers at a time.So I was just wondering has this been happening to anyone else? Because it is getting very annoying.
I've noticed that every time I upload, I lose at least one (usually more like three or four). I figure it's someone cleaning out their subs, sees me, and more than likely unsubs. Could be for any number of reasons though.

I have lost quite a few at once too. That was YouTube scrubbing old accounts. It's happened twice this year.

I have seen a few weird instances though, that didn't make any sense. I gained 46 one day. Scared me. lol Then I lost 56 two days later. Scared me less. I was beginning to see that it's YouTube doing something. Then it happened yet again, and I was like, meh. lol

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This was happening to me for a few weeks. Every time I gained a subscriber, I would lose one. It was like an inescapable paradox! It's stopped though....for now.

Reactions: Itskamren and Symph

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
This was happening to me for a few weeks. Every time I gained a subscriber, I would lose one. It was like an inescapable paradox! It's stopped though....for now.
This is also my experience, I was stuck at a standstill or at least very slow climb for like a month, and always said it was like it was glitching or like something weird was going on, and then like, 2 weeks ago it just quit and subs and views are on the rise again. that's gotta be it, they're cleaning out dead accounts, they must be done with me and stef's and have just started doing yours... I hope that's what it is anyway.

Reactions: Itskamren

WeisApple

Reaction score
I've noticed that every time I upload, I lose at least one (usually more like three or four). I figure it's someone cleaning out their subs, sees me, and more than likely unsubs. Could be for any number of reasons though.

I have lost quite a few at once too. That was YouTube scrubbing old accounts. It's happened twice this year.

I have seen a few weird instances though, that didn't make any sense. I gained 46 one day. Scared me. lol Then I lost 56 two days later. Scared me less. I was beginning to see that it's YouTube doing something. Then it happened yet again, and I was like, meh. lol
Every time I upload a video I automatically lose one sub for approximately 20 min. It's a weird bug I think.

thecomputertips

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
i had the same problem but it was like i would gain 3 and lose 1 so i didnt see as a big deal, so far it has stopped now im just gaining

Reactions: Itskamren
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It might just be unsubs. I know I've subscribed someone before cause i liked their work but later unsub due to their new work not appealing to me. just a possibility.

RickKennedyFilms

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score

I better stop Uploading then I cant handle that type of rejection :eeks:[DOUBLEPOST=1351205660,1351205500][/DOUBLEPOST]
Tell all your new subscribers They dont have to pay a dime as long as they sign a five year contract or give notice and find replacements, and you have to promise not to prank your subscribers, :unsure:

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
make videos more often if possible.