Gaining and losing subscribers, am i alone?

Tim Webber

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So lately, I've been losing subscribers almost as fast as I gain them. For example, October 1st - 5th I gained 25 but lost 18. This kind of ratio has never happened to me before and kind of bothers me. Is this happening to anyone else or am I alone? It's been going on for about a month or so, gained 123 in September but lost 51. Can someone please explain this if at all possible?

Reactions: Brinkbabe91

8FrameFilms

Lord of the pies
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I've been getting this too but not that big of a number gain or drop, i do believe it's got to do with YouTube removing "bots" or it could be a glitch with the new updates

Reactions: Tim Webber

Vir

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Gained about 5 yesterday, lost 2 anyway overall gain is normal still

Moses Cheeks

Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I lose two subs a month. But still get 9 subs in total

Tim Webber

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been getting this too but not that big of a number gain or drop, i do believe it's got to do with YouTube removing "bots" or it could be a glitch with the new updates
Bots and/or inactive accounts was my first guess and I'm really hoping that's it. Though it kind of sucks to think that that many of my subscribers are fake or inactive, it's nice to think that once they are all removed, my growth might see a pretty big increase.[DOUBLEPOST=1444320651,1444320562][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah I think youtube has been cleaning out some old accounts.
I really hope you're right. I thought they might be and if so, maybe I'll see some pretty good growth once they finish.[DOUBLEPOST=1444322544][/DOUBLEPOST]
Gained about 5 yesterday, lost 2 anyway overall gain is normal still
That's good, I have some that I use to talk to all the time but they have since become inactive so I'm hoping it is just some cleanup YouTube is doing.

McCoob

Young Scientist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I have +147/-3 subs on the count, so I guess this issue doesn't regard me.

Tim Webber

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I lose two subs a month. But still get 9 subs in total
I guess I can't really complain, I'm currently averaging about 65 per month, down from 75 per month but still not bad. I was just wondering what might be going on because I started noticing this current trend of losing quickly. Like yesterday I started the day with 523, jumped up to 528 then dropped back down to 524. I still gained 1 overall for the day but that has become a pattern lately and I don't really know why. I'm really hoping it is just a cleanup and things return to normal soon. It would be nice to see almost nothing but gains again soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1444322995,1444322891][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have +147/-3 subs on the count, so I guess this issue doesn't regard me.
Is that grand total for the life of your channel?[DOUBLEPOST=1444323416][/DOUBLEPOST]I just checked and so far today, I started with 524 and now I'm up to 530.

I'll post an update this evening with where I am then.

Bast on my current trend, I'll probably be back down to 525 or 526. I guess I'll see what happens.

McCoob

Young Scientist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I guess I can't really complain, I'm currently averaging about 65 per month, down from 75 per month but still not bad. I was just wondering what might be going on because I started noticing this current trend of losing quickly. Like yesterday I started the day with 523, jumped up to 528 then dropped back down to 524. I still gained 1 overall for the day but that has become a pattern lately and I don't really know why. I'm really hoping it is just a cleanup and things return to normal soon. It would be nice to see almost nothing but gains again soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1444322995,1444322891][/DOUBLEPOST]

Is that grand total for the life of your channel?
Nope, for the lifetime it's +521/-17 or so.

Kate's Adventures

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In October so far I've gained 2, lost 1. Lifetime I've gained 44, lost 9. My figures are too small to compare them to yours I think, mine seem pretty reasonable.