Gain followers in instagram in order to advertise my channel ?

JO&S

Reaction score
Wich is the best way to gain more followers in instagram in order to advertise my channel ?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Post daily and use a lot of hashtags. If you google 'strategies to grow on instagram' or something similar, you'll find tons of info on how to grow on instagram.

JO&S

Reaction score
Ok,thanks Dutchie Abroad for your advise.

KennyT

Reaction score
Post daily and use a lot of hashtags. If you google 'strategies to grow on instagram' or something similar, you'll find tons of info on how to grow on instagram.
I'm using instagram only as a way to advertise my channel, should i use it like on a daily like you said, posting pictures of me and and etc? because before YouTube i was never really a social media person.

Dutchie Abroad

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm using instagram only as a way to advertise my channel
So basically, this doesn't work. People won't actively follow an account that is purely there to advertise something else. You need to treat it as a separate platform. Use it for it's intended use: posting pictures.
Having an insta account to drive viewers to your yt channel also needs to make sense. For example, I'm a travel channel, so I post pictures of the places I go to and will occasionally refer to my channel. If you're an art channel, you can post your art and refer to videos you're making, etc. If you have a hard time finding pictures to post, insta might not be the platform to use. Try Twitter, if you have more to say than to show :)

Reactions: JO&S and Bruman

Bruman

Well Known Pampaw
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So basically, this doesn't work. People won't actively follow an account that is purely there to advertise something else. You need to treat it as a separate platform. Use it for it's intended use: posting pictures.
Having an insta account to drive viewers to your yt channel also needs to make sense. For example, I'm a travel channel, so I post pictures of the places I go to and will occasionally refer to my channel. If you're an art channel, you can post your art and refer to videos you're making, etc. If you have a hard time finding pictures to post, insta might not be the platform to use. Try Twitter, if you have more to say than to show :)
you always give the best advice! I was thinking about starting an Instagram but taking photographs just isn't me.

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

Dutchie Abroad

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
you always give the best advice! I was thinking about starting an Instagram but taking photographs just isn't me.
Haha, thanks so much! I'm not a social media star myself, but I do think it is always best to use the platform as intended. Instagram is for photos and visuals, Twitter is for short paragraphed opinions or comedic remarks, or anything spoken really, and a Facebook group/page is best for a group/community based back and forth (since your group members can post things as well).

Reactions: Bruman

KennyT

Reaction score
Yeah i figured, that is why i will do that once my phone is fixed (my current good phone is on repair so i'm stuck with a sub for now), i thought about using it also to take photos like behind the scenes, or follow the creation process of my videos too. which seems a good idea to get people involved in the process and to separated it from the YouTube account. Still i will make a twitter and a discord account, since like you said it seems to fit more to my style and discord is a lot more connected to the type of content i'm pushing out. thanks for the tip.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
As @Dutchie Abroad (wisely) said; using Instagram to promote a YouTube channel doesn't work, in fact generally speaking using one social media to promote any another social media will not work.

If you have a good following on YouTube then your followers will be glad to know that they can also follow you on Instagram, where they can see more unique content that they would not otherwise have had access to. Also, if you start to produce merchandise for your channel then Instagram (and Facebook) can be an effective way of promoting the merchandise...so it is definitely worth the effort to build your other social media platforms. Just don't expect your new followers on one platform to immediately jump over to another one and subscribe.

Reactions: KennyT