KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel has been doing this a lot lately. I will gain a subscriber and then the next day I will lose a Sub, or sometimes even the same day.

And no it's not the people who just subbed that are unsubscribing.

I have a feeling it's because i did a giveaway a while ago and now all of those people are slowly going away.

I just wish it wouldn't keep happening it's very discouraging.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Unfortantly not a lot you can do, when you do a giveaway that requires people to sub everyone will gradually leave.

I know the feeling of loose a sub gain a sub Just keep chugging along and try to keep up moral eventually your subs will even out and you will grow again (trust me we have been there many times)

Your channel looks pretty cool! i'll check you out when i have some more time, maybe we can collab in future. :)

Reactions: KantoGaming

KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Unfortantly not a lot you can do, when you do a giveaway that requires people to sub everyone will gradually leave.

I know the feeling of loose a sub gain a sub Just keep chugging along and try to keep up moral eventually your subs will even out and you will grow again (trust me we have been there many times)

Your channel looks pretty cool! i'll check you out when i have some more time, maybe we can collab in future. :)
That would be awesome!! :)

Reactions: DigiBox

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That used to happen to me. I haven't seen it happen recently, though.
But the way I look at it is, those people that are unsubbing probably weren't really interested in the content. So when you get the new subs, you're more likely gaining more active subs, and subs that are more interested in your channel. So it's a more accurate representation.

KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Btw, just checked out the channel and definitely subbed! Keep up the great content!

KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That used to happen to me. I haven't seen it happen recently, though.
But the way I look at it is, those people that are unsubbing probably weren't really interested in the content. So when you get the new subs, you're more likely gaining more active subs, and subs that are more interested in your channel. So it's a more accurate representation.
Very true! I guess at least if I'm gaining new subs I don't care if I lose the old ones. I would rather have less subs that are more active rather than lots of subs who don't even like my channel

Reactions: S_Mielz

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
This happens to me all the time. And especialy is disturbing when you have low numbers of subscribers so every one of them is precious like gold :D. I don`t think it is because of the giveaway. I also did one giveaway and didn`t notice a difference in subscribers after announcing the winners. They know some other time you will do again give away so even if they stay only because of that, they will not unsubscribe. I don`t know, but for me, this is a really strange habit, out of hundreds of channels that I am subscribed, I unsubscribed maybe only on few of them, and that is because they did some really unethical videos that goes against my beliefs.

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel has been doing this a lot lately. I will gain a subscriber and then the next day I will lose a Sub, or sometimes even the same day.

And no it's not the people who just subbed that are unsubscribing.

I have a feeling it's because i did a giveaway a while ago and now all of those people are slowly going away.

I just wish it wouldn't keep happening it's very discouraging.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Oh yes I know how this is. Two steps forward one step back. I guess as long as you are going in a positive direction its all good but I would love the rate to increase at some point. Maybe 2 subs a day without losing one, that would be nice.

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For me it's often that I've played a variety of games on my channel and for smaller channels I think variety is hard to sell. Channels that are really focused on a particular game or niche I've noticed have a lot more success gaining subs than I had at least for my first year or two.

I usually just push through that phase and then when a video does well it will start a strong positive flow of subs. I think it's worth thinking about though, what exact type of content did your subscribers probably subscribe for though? I've started working to try and be more of a personality but I've still had subscribers literally tell me they only are subbed to watch a particular game and not just because they like watching me. Therefore if I don't keep posting that game they will unsub, which I think is totally understandable. Subscribers often want to fill a particular niche in their viewing agenda, and if you no longer fill it that could be a reason for unsubs.

The best solution I have for maintaining subs is to post more content similar to what they subscribed for. That's not always the best advice though. Sometimes it's better to change up your content and accept the unsubs if that's what's best for your channel long term.