Funny Question About SEO and Channel Names

AceOfBats

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I have an SEO/Channel Naming question. So I've discovered/learned that to increase your "Related" and "Suggested" video views you ought to have your Channel name First in the tags. My Channel name "Team MLB Presents" has spaces and because it obviously evokes the more recognized meaning (Major League Baseball, rather than the Major League Buttkicking) it pops up with a lot of baseball stuff, and my videos only old every other slot in the top 5. When I type it together "TeamMLBPresents" I dominate the search and it even includes results for my secondary channel "AceOfVegas" for some reason. So I was wondering, should I change my channel name and remove the spaces so it shows up more frequently? Would that increase the "Suggested" and "Related" videos, and further optimize my SEO? Thanks in advance. I can provide an example search/video if needed.

Reactions: Citadel politics

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
As far as I know, this wont make a difference. Also, a good way to see what YouTube is TRUELY suggesting in the search results is to go into incognito mode on Google chrome and type something into the search bar. YouTube is smart, and knows that if you keep searching yourself, that that is what you are going to want to see. Same with the results!

Reactions: AceOfBats

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I was wondering, should I change my channel name and remove the spaces so it shows up more frequently?
I use both versions in my tags one with space and the other together(Tube Mechanics) and (Tubemechanics) This will help youtube suggest your videos together to your viewers that's all. Hope that answers your question

Reactions: JUST GLUE IT

AceOfBats

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use both versions in my tags one with space and the other together(Tube Mechanics) and (Tubemechanics) This will help youtube suggest your videos together to your viewers that's all. Hope that answers your question
It's been helpful I think. I can't really tell yet, I get lost in the analytics.

Reactions: Boris Qs