Fundraising?

Tyler Hogan

Have you used a fundraising website? I have used go fund me But I was always too scared to ask for help
Do you think using a fundraising website to help start your channel is a good idea?
what are your tips to get fundraising? I used to sell kool aid for video games.

I don't think it's a bad idea as long as you're not harassing people to donate. I feel as long as it is passive it is fine. My only worry of doing that would be that once you get the funding you need to make sure that you follow through with what you were going to do otherwise you're letting a lot of people down. It may even be a legal offense or something depending on some rules of engagement.

I Think it would be okay depending on how you ask your viewers to donate, if it looks like you’re begging and all you care about is the money it might rub people the wrong way and then they might not subscribe. I know someone I went to school with who created a YouTube channel and soon as she created a a channel she started begging for people to give her money right away. I knew her personally and I knew for a fact she didn’t dontations because she has lots of money already and it made me kinda upset that she was begging for money when she really didn’t need it, so I unsubscribed from her.

Well thank you for the wonderful advise I have been looking in to it further all the advise really helps thank you.

I havent used a fundraising website but I might do it at some point. I think you need to have at least 4000-5000 subscribers before it makes sense (just my guess) I have seen a lot in my niche use patreon for to ask for donations to make videos and stuff but I never used it myself so I woulndt know how it works

Back