Fullscreen Vs Adsense

Zac

Hi guys,

Have got to say nice an early, i have little experience with networks, have been working hard on my channel for the last two years just with adsense.

So a couple days ago, fullscreen.net contacted me about a invite to the partner program. All well and good, but i have been doing some reading around of others opinion and it seems divided with respect to partnering with Fullscreen, a two year contract or remaining with adsense.

My channel has around 3600 subs and draws around 150k views a month (cooking channel) and i make some reasonable money around $400 a month through adsense alone.

Does anyone have any experience (recent) with fullscreen compared to that of adsense??

I really dont want to go backwards in terms of revenue, audience growth and video views, especially if locked in for two years.

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Wow nice for Adsense, but dont tell your CPM, you could be banned by Google for that.

But I think your cpm would be higher with a network. Maybe apply when you have more views and negociate a good contract :)

You should make more with a network. They do cut your pay, but they provide higher paying ads, so you should be earning more money in the long run.

Honestly... depending on your estimated monetized playbacks, you're actually pulling decent earnings.

A contract that locks you in immediately without actually having seen any real earnings data is probably not the best deal. At least IMO.

You should make more with a network. They do cut your pay, but they provide higher paying ads, so you should be earning more money in the long run.

They should, but don't in all cases. He's pulling $400 per 150K views. Most likely not 100% monetized because nobody ever is. So his rough CPM is between $5 (100% monetized) and $10 (50% monetized) before the YouTube cut.

Unless my math is wrong, if his CPM went up by just over $2, he'd still earn about $50 less a month after the 30% Fullscreen cut. To break even it would need to go up by over $4. And obviously to make more money, even higher.

Now this is all using basic guesstimates, but it still shows roughly how high the bar needs to be.

Cheers guys,

I just wasnt sure how things might work out in the long run.

Youtube at the moment seems to be going good, but the video views have dropped off lately, something that others have also reported.
But my current CPM is nice and high, higher than what i would think Fullscreen would offer. But Youtube does take around 45% of what i earn too.

Back