FullScreen partnership application denied!?

Dušan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello YouTubers!

I have gaming channel. Not so gaming but I make Minecraft Shorts with my friends on Serbian and I just 'wanted' to become partner. Some people recommended me FullScreen and <i don't want to say>. I choose FullScreen because it's more professional and CPM is higher. I just filled application and submitted. Next morning I received message from FullScreen:

We're sorry to let you know that your application to join Fullscreen has not been accepted. Please make sure that your channel is free of copyright content, that you do not have any community strikes, and that you have quality content. If any of these are the case, you're more than welcome to re-apply at a later date once those changes have been made.
So, I have 11 videos with Copyright Notices. There are 9 videos where is Acknowledged third party content and 2 private videos where one is Acknowledged third party content and one is blocked in some countries.

I really want partnership with FullScreen but I don't want to delete videos. These videos are my best videos! Yes, audio is not mine. It was downloaded from freeplaymusic but when I uploaded them, no copyright notices. I felt free to continue using music by freeplaymusic. But when I saw first copyright notice, I stoped using that music and I started using music by Kevin MacLeod on incompetech.

So, what to do now? Should I delete those videos? Should I add credit in the description? If you are going to say me to delete videos, don't post. I am looking for way without deleting videos. Your 'delete videos!' isn't helpful.

Thanks.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The only way to partner with FS (or most networks) is to remove the videos where you have a claim or a strike of any kind. Basically, if your videos already have adverts, the network won't earn money. That's the ONLY reason they want to partner you, to earn money. So if they can't do that there's no reason to partner you.

UltimateKirbyBoi

Certified Sorta Cool Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian
Adding credit doesn't mean you didn't violate copyright.
The only way for you to get partnered, is to delete the videos.

Sorry.
Just reupload them with different music another time.[DOUBLEPOST=1374248988,1374248969][/DOUBLEPOST]P.S.

Make an introduction thread! We wanna know youuuuuu

Dušan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So, where I can't claim I can't earn money? Okay, I knew that but how can I help them by removing videos where I can't claim? I have 29 more videos where I can. With those videos or not I will can claim same amount of videos. I don't believe they want me to remove videos. If I can't claim them, I just can't! With or without I can't. So why to do without when I can with?

unknown_user0000001

I've Got It
Reaction score
You have to replace the copyrighted audio in those videos with something that won't trigger a copyright claim. You can use the audioswap feature from youtube to replace your entire audio track on the video, but it's probably best to download the video, replace the audio thru editing and re-upload. There is no way you will get a partnership if you still have copyright notices. It doesn't matter if you have 29 more video without claims or 29,000.

Reactions: unknown_user0004

Dušan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
But why does it count as copyright notice when I acknowledge that copyright claim? First time when I used audiotrack by freeplaymusic, nothing happened. No copyright notices. I felt free to use that music again and again. I think that they trolled me. :(

unknown_user0000001

I've Got It
Reaction score
Just because you acknowledge it, it doesn't clear you of any wrongdoing. When you acknowledge it, the copyright holder (rightful owner of the music) can choose to do nothing, run ads on your video and claim the ad revenue, or have your video removed and issue you a copyright strike. Even if they choose one of the first two options, they can opt to issue you a strike at any time-that's what makes you a risk to a network and why you can't be partnered with copyright claims.

Dušan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Okay. Thanks for your help. It was somewhat helpful. I will try soundswap. It's better than before. Now I can remove songs and replace them with another ones! =)

Thanks ♥

Reaction score
But why does it count as copyright notice when I acknowledge that copyright claim?

If we translate that from legalese to plain English, the answer becomes pretty clear: "Why does it say I stole it, when I acknowledged that I stole it?"

We all make mistakes with stuff like this when we're starting out. Best to remove the violating content and move on with the awesomeness :)

Reactions: Thrashbat

Thrashbat

Thrashimation's Favorite Bat!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Comedian, Animator
If we translate that from legalese to plain English, the answer becomes pretty clear: "Why does it say I stole it, when I acknowledged that I stole it?"

We all make mistakes with stuff like this when we're starting out. Best to remove the violating content and move on with the awesomeness :)
I totally agree with this post 100%. Also, it is pretty cool that you talked to Hank Green on Twitter :)