Full Channel Review

Siege H.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi ya! I'm an aspiring filmmaker, and passionate minimalist. My main goal on YouTube is to share what I'm passionate about, offer advice/tips, and challenge not only my viewers but myself as well; all while showing you don't need much to get the most out of what you have. I would absolutely love some feedback on what areas of my channels you think would look best, and maybe even a highlight of some helpful ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgrrhgb4WPt2obOgci_tYuA

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It's a vlog channel where you talk mostly about cameras?

I jumped around in the video, I couldn't really watch all of it, sorry. Personally I think if you got to the point quicker it would help hold my attention. Some music in the background maybe, do some more of those beauty shots or something. Holding the camera in front of your face doesn't work for me, the viewer.

Siege H.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's a vlog channel where you talk mostly about cameras?

I jumped around in the video, I couldn't really watch all of it, sorry. Personally I think if you got to the point quicker it would help hold my attention. Some music in the background maybe, do some more of those beauty shots or something. Holding the camera in front of your face doesn't work for me, the viewer.
It's a minimalist filmmaking channel, it's the first video I uploaded. I believe there was music throughout the entire video as well. Yeah, I go on tangents a lot, but it's something I'm working on, that plus adding b-roll. Appreciate the feedback, regardless of how crass!

SpitItOutProductions

Reaction score
Dear Siege,

Try to be short and on-point, the banner is important on your page aswell as the description of your channel.
It's all about image and cinematics to keep the viewer hooked.
The description of the channel is a great way to bombard with important keywords and presenting yourself at the same time.

For example, a channel trailer would be awesome!

Reactions: Siege H.

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Since it just your first video or second, it was pretty okay. It would be better if you add some background music just like what the first guy replied. If you gonna do a review on camera, you need to take some few shots to show the capability of the camera. Maybe post some pictures or screenshots of the camera specifications too while telling them at the same time. That just my opinion. Otherwise keep it up :)

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hey there! I’m studying film and animation in college right now, so hopefully this will help in some way or another:

To start, your thumbnails are really good! The fonts stood out and were unique to me. One thing I’d say though is that it was a bit difficult to see since the image and text was so dark for your most recent video thumbnail.

Audio: I’d recommend checking out some of audacity’s (or whatever sound editing software you use) background Noise Reduction options. It can help to get out the cars rolling by sound. I just found it to be a bit distracting from the review itself.

Like you mentioned, adding B-roll and other cinematic shots will definitely help. For camera reviews, you want to display both its functions for video and regular picture taking. Also, you say you are a filmmaking channel. I’m excited to see them once they come out (I know how long those can take, but just don’t forget that that was one of the main points you made in your channel intro video). I’ll keep an eye on your channel to see your first one!

Lighting: Really harness your camera’s abilities so you know what’s the best settings for scenes that are shot outdoors and such (as in your channel intro video when you sat down with your camera, you needed more balanced light since so much was coming from behind you).

I’m nowhere near a pro so please take all of this with a grain of salt. It’s clear you’re passionate about what you’re doing. Good start overall; Keep it up!

Siege H.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Dear Siege,

Try to be short and on-point, the banner is important on your page aswell as the description of your channel.
It's all about image and cinematics to keep the viewer hooked.
The description of the channel is a great way to bombard with important keywords and presenting yourself at the same time.

For example, a channel trailer would be awesome!
Thanks! I remember learning about SEO a long time ago, I might start implementing it!

Since it just your first video or second, it was pretty okay. It would be better if you add some background music just like what the first guy replied. If you gonna do a review on camera, you need to take some few shots to show the capability of the camera. Maybe post some pictures or screenshots of the camera specifications too while telling them at the same time. That just my opinion. Otherwise keep it up :)
I always use background music in my videos, love it! Probably not going to be doing any camera reviews or anything, more so just explaining to people how they can do filmmaking and not need to spend a lot of money on gear! I do have a few videos coming up that talk about specific camera settings, and I was sure to get some footage of what I'm saying to go along with! Thanks for the feedback!

Hey there! I’m studying film and animation in college right now, so hopefully this will help in some way or another:

To start, your thumbnails are really good! The fonts stood out and were unique to me. One thing I’d say though is that it was a bit difficult to see since the image and text was so dark for your most recent video thumbnail.

Audio: I’d recommend checking out some of audacity’s (or whatever sound editing software you use) background Noise Reduction options. It can help to get out the cars rolling by sound. I just found it to be a bit distracting from the review itself.

Like you mentioned, adding B-roll and other cinematic shots will definitely help. For camera reviews, you want to display both its functions for video and regular picture taking. Also, you say you are a filmmaking channel. I’m excited to see them once they come out (I know how long those can take, but just don’t forget that that was one of the main points you made in your channel intro video). I’ll keep an eye on your channel to see your first one!

Lighting: Really harness your camera’s abilities so you know what’s the best settings for scenes that are shot outdoors and such (as in your channel intro video when you sat down with your camera, you needed more balanced light since so much was coming from behind you).

I’m nowhere near a pro so please take all of this with a grain of salt. It’s clear you’re passionate about what you’re doing. Good start overall; Keep it up!
That's awesome, I studied at Full Sail, it was an online course for Digital Cinematography but it wasn't all that great. I have Audacity, and try to use it as much as I can to clean up the audio, aside for like if it's really windy or whatever! As for the lighting I think it was because I was using cinestyle on my t6i, and I was told that THAT profile has issues with blowing out light, I usually try to keep the balance at -2 because I enjoy a bit darker look. Appreciate the feedback! I'll look into the other things you mentioned as well!

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Thanks! I remember learning about SEO a long time ago, I might start implementing it!

I always use background music in my videos, love it! Probably not going to be doing any camera reviews or anything, more so just explaining to people how they can do filmmaking and not need to spend a lot of money on gear! I do have a few videos coming up that talk about specific camera settings, and I was sure to get some footage of what I'm saying to go along with! Thanks for the feedback!

That's awesome, I studied at Full Sail, it was an online course for Digital Cinematography but it wasn't all that great. I have Audacity, and try to use it as much as I can to clean up the audio, aside for like if it's really windy or whatever! As for the lighting I think it was because I was using cinestyle on my t6i, and I was told that THAT profile has issues with blowing out light, I usually try to keep the balance at -2 because I enjoy a bit darker look. Appreciate the feedback! I'll look into the other things you mentioned as well!
Ah I know of Full Sail. I actually was considering applying for their animation program. Why didn’t you like it (if you don’t mind me asking)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpitItOutProductions

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, try searching for Parker Walbeck - Cinematic ligntning, it's one of the best tutorials i've ever seen.