Friends.. why?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
None of my friends watch any of my content because they are not my target audience. Sure the odd video here or there may be of benefit to them but for the most part no.
In a way I could consider it a lonely existance on YouTube. Your real friends/family are not with it. But you make new online friends with regular subscribers..

Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
consider it a lonely existance on YouTube. Your real friends/family are not with it. But you make new online friends
Nothing bad, most jobs work this way. After all if many people interfere in the process there are problems usually. It is a lonely path for all, even if you watch happy collaborators doing fun. There are so many compromises that still everyone is alone with his own thoughts and expectations.

:)

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wondering if anyone feels the same way. Why do I have such close and wonderful friends but they don't even fully support me on what I do with YouTube. Even my closes friends don't bother watching any of my contents or seem like they don't even care at all. Sometimes this content life is a little rough and some support & participation would be awesome.

Some say they do watch, but in reality they aren't even subscribed. A friend even told me "I watched your video the other week" yet the next time I see him just skipping through most of the video. I mean I don't make s**t content all at. I believe I'm pretty entertaining. I always get good feedback from subs all the time.

Is this is norm to everyone?
Friends support friends, but friends will not waste time with stuff they don't like just as I would. It seems your friends have different priorities than you on that point, it is silly to expect them to subscribe to your channel and watch your content. Time is the most valuable asset we have, spending it on something you don't like is wasteful.

Madiisuun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wondering if anyone feels the same way. Why do I have such close and wonderful friends but they don't even fully support me on what I do with YouTube. Even my closes friends don't bother watching any of my contents or seem like they don't even care at all. Sometimes this content life is a little rough and some support & participation would be awesome.

Some say they do watch, but in reality they aren't even subscribed. A friend even told me "I watched your video the other week" yet the next time I see him just skipping through most of the video. I mean I don't make s**t content all at. I believe I'm pretty entertaining. I always get good feedback from subs all the time.

Is this is norm to everyone?
definitely not the norm, i think you could use some more supportive friends. that's not to say that your friends are trash though, you might just not be uploading content that they're personally interested in. do they watch youtube normally? are you in a weird niche? do they prefer a weird niche? there's a lot of factors to this

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Actually I feel like it doesn't hurt to watch a video or 2 from a friend.
If I don't like it, I can open a playlist, turn the volume down, and do something productive. Noone gets hurt.
If I do like it, even better, I'll just watch is sincerely.

In any case, I would give him/her an honest feedback, what I think about the video, where I believe it lacked and what he/she could improve. Well, from the newbish sideline view I have at least.

I'm not talking about me expecting my friends to non-stop-netflixstyle-watch-my-youtube-channel.
But if I were to ask my friend:"Hey, I made a video, could you take a look and tell me what you think?", I would expect her to take a look and give me an honest feedback.
Isn't that what friends are for?

But maybe it's more an asian thing to do. Because my family and friends do support me.

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
ah the old "my friends don't support me"...
I don't even blame them any more. I believe the facts nearly always translate a wise truth. You can't force people to do something they don't feel inclined to do on their own. I barely got a few likes on my FB page, and funny enough many of those I'm not even close with while the closer friends couldn't bother. I don't take it as meaning anything other than it's my job to better attract them.