Gamer
its pretty basic but passable, not really much to say it works fine

Mithril

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with this. It's pretty generic, not a turn off, but not awe inspiring. Also, I wouldn't use music like in your first video. There's no need to alienate some of your viewers unnecessarily.

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree with this. It's pretty generic, not a turn off, but not awe inspiring. Also, I wouldn't use music like in your first video. There's no need to alienate some of your viewers unnecessarily.
I took you guys feedback on the banner being a little plain so I decided to work with it a bit and give it a bit more to look at.

Darker color scheme along with my current favorite game character/skin.

Thoughts on the updated Banner?

EDIT: And @Mithril the reason the first video had music and stuff in it was because it was an upload for my friends after I had a couple of good games on Fortnite. Made the Edit, made a channel, uploaded it. sent it to them. Shortly after sending them the video I decided to make something of the channel and here we are :).

Mithril

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I took you guys feedback on the banner being a little plain so I decided to work with it a bit and give it a bit more to look at.

Darker color scheme along with my current favorite game character/skin.

Thoughts on the updated Banner?

EDIT: And @Mithril the reason the first video had music and stuff in it was because it was an upload for my friends after I had a couple of good games on Fortnite. Made the Edit, made a channel, uploaded it. sent it to them. Shortly after sending them the video I decided to make something of the channel and here we are :).
Sure, but this line isn't necessary: "Sorry if you don't like the music it's just my style"
I don't like the music and if I saw that, I would leave immediately. Maybe if you said "sorry about the music, I wasn't taking my channel seriously when I posted it" or just took the video down entirely and did a re-edit.

Anyway, I think the glow is too large and the chrome effect on the text is a bit much. I do like the figures on the sides. Why is your banner "Faux" while your channel name is "Faux-OG94"?

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Your design is a lot better than the majority on YT...Still two main problems in my eyes.

- The character doesn't stand out from the background enough, being dark on dark; coupled with how small it is, it's very hard to make out and not very striking.
- The branding in fonts and colours is somewhat inconsistent; Is it going to be 'FAWX' like the banner or 'FawX' like the text name and thumbnails? What's the colour scheme going to be? Ideally it would be the consistent across thumbnails, profile pic, banner, etc.

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
Sure, but this line isn't necessary: "Sorry if you don't like the music it's just my style"
I don't like the music and if I saw that, I would leave immediately. Maybe if you said "sorry about the music, I wasn't taking my channel seriously when I posted it" or just took the video down entirely and did a re-edit.

Anyway, I think the glow is too large and the chrome effect on the text is a bit much. I do like the figures on the sides. Why is your banner "Faux" while your channel name is "Faux-OG94"?
Well thats a very selfish way of looking at it. Clearly you are not going be enjoy the content I'm going to be posting because I made that video for my friends of which I put effort into whether I'm taking it "serious" or not. It is a video I put effort into, I enjoyed making and made my friends laugh. Just because a single person dislikes the song doesn't mean that the video is bad or the wrong way of going about it. It just means you aren't into what your watching. Although my bestfriend is my bestfriend and he uploads regularly. I hate the games he plays and his editing. I tell him, its my opinion, whether he chooses to take it on board is up to him. Just because I hate the game hes playing does that allow me to say "Just re-edit it or delete it altogether". Absolutely not, and you certainly have no right to tell me what to do with my videos. Didn't like it? Move on and on to the next one.

Anyway, I toned the glow down a bit because yes I do agree it was a bit much after looking at it more. As for the name thats why I have the hyphen between FawX & OG94. My IGN is FawX. The OG94 has meaning to me which is the year I was born. Saying the full thing is a bit much to say but I felt the name was too short by itself. So I have FawX-OG94 but IG I go by FawX.

Your design is a lot better than the majority on YT...Still two main problems in my eyes.

- The character doesn't stand out from the background enough, being dark on dark; coupled with how small it is, it's very hard to make out and not very striking.
- The branding in fonts and colours is somewhat inconsistent; Is it going to be 'FAWX' like the banner or 'FawX' like the text name and thumbnails? What's the colour scheme going to be? Ideally it would be the consistent across thumbnails, profile pic, banner, etc.
Alright I took into account what yous aid about the figures. Added some glow to their figures and I removed the fill in the shape to almost make a "frame" for the figures. After tinkering I feel like it looks nice so thanks for pointing it out. As for colors I primarily enjoy working with darker colors. Mainly Blue, Purple, Black & Silver/White. My Thumbnails will be going off whatever game it is to match the "Theme" of the game. Diffferent Font's etc.

Mithril

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well thats a very selfish way of looking at it. Clearly you are not going be enjoy the content I'm going to be posting because I made that video for my friends of which I put effort into whether I'm taking it "serious" or not. It is a video I put effort into, I enjoyed making and made my friends laugh. Just because a single person dislikes the song doesn't mean that the video is bad or the wrong way of going about it. It just means you aren't into what your watching. Although my bestfriend is my bestfriend and he uploads regularly. I hate the games he plays and his editing. I tell him, its my opinion, whether he chooses to take it on board is up to him. Just because I hate the game hes playing does that allow me to say "Just re-edit it or delete it altogether". Absolutely not, and you certainly have no right to tell me what to do with my videos. Didn't like it? Move on and on to the next one.

Anyway, I toned the glow down a bit because yes I do agree it was a bit much after looking at it more. As for the name thats why I have the hyphen between FawX & OG94. My IGN is FawX. The OG94 has meaning to me which is the year I was born. Saying the full thing is a bit much to say but I felt the name was too short by itself. So I have FawX-OG94 but IG I go by FawX.

Alright I took into account what yous aid about the figures. Added some glow to their figures and I removed the fill in the shape to almost make a "frame" for the figures. After tinkering I feel like it looks nice so thanks for pointing it out. As for colors I primarily enjoy working with darker colors. Mainly Blue, Purple, Black & Silver/White. My Thumbnails will be going off whatever game it is to match the "Theme" of the game. Diffferent Font's etc.
I wasn't trying to get you to cater to my taste and I'm sorry if it came off that way. I'm just saying, there's no need to offend people if you don't necessarily need to. I'm just trying to help out your channel not turn away people.

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
I wasn't trying to get you to cater to my taste and I'm sorry if it came off that way. I'm just saying, there's no need to offend people if you don't necessarily need to. I'm just trying to help out your channel not turn away people.
I understand that, but I am a firm believer of that "don't like it don't watch" motto because it is the right way of going about it. I understand what your saying in terms of the kind of video it is, and what people are/aren't expecting when clicking on. Whether they feel like they stumbled upon a cool video or an annoying one. They have 2 options, stay or leave. So if they do leave it is because they don't like the content and personally thats better for me. Because those who are staying and watching and commenting are staying for content I enjoy putting up. If this helps filter people out then I might do it more. Do you understand my perspective aswell?

Mithril

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I understand that, but I am a firm believer of that "don't like it don't watch" motto because it is the right way of going about it. I understand what your saying in terms of the kind of video it is, and what people are/aren't expecting when clicking on. Whether they feel like they stumbled upon a cool video or an annoying one. They have 2 options, stay or leave. So if they do leave it is because they don't like the content and personally thats better for me. Because those who are staying and watching and commenting are staying for content I enjoy putting up. If this helps filter people out then I might do it more. Do you understand my perspective aswell?
It's you're channel and you asked us for feedback. You can run your channel in any way you want as that does not affect me. I was trying to communicate a possibly helpful move and you don't think it's right for your channel. That's totally fine. I understand your viewpoint, I'm not pushing mine on yours. It makes no difference to me what kind of content you make.

Reactions: Liam O’Doyle