Freemake rant!

umbysworld

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
So... I've been using Freemake Video Converter for a while. I forget what version, but it's always bugging me to update so I did... and OH MY GOD I SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT!

Not only can I not use the converted files anymore because there's text over everything (yeah I know, it's free so chill), but they put their logo on the thumbnail of every video on my computer! They even changed it so instead of double clicking on a video to play it, it instead OPENS FREEMAKE! Whaaaaaaat???

So I uninstalled it and the logos didn't go away!! Does anyone use Freemake? Has this happened to you? Anyone have any idea what I can do? I sent them a support ticket but I doubt it will help.

EDIT: It's okay, I just restarted my computer and the logos have changed back to the windows media player icon. But still, that's so invasive! I need another video converting program now. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
you were lucky, that was just the program, if you install the newer version from the website it will download stuff you didn't want.

Reactions: umbysworld

umbysworld

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
you were lucky, that was just the program, if you install the newer version from the website it will download stuff you didn't want.
Oh gawd.. it's one of those? I downloaded it like 2 years ago and it was fine then. Why do useful programs have to change into something worthless? I'm sorry I even updated it, but at least I've moved on to Handbrake which is headache free.

Reactions: Cephus