Free Software, what do you use

Reaction score
I mainly use GoPro studio when editing. But it lacks alot of things.

Do any of you use a free software for editing?
Do any of you use free software when making thumbnails like MEME maker or something?

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I use GIMP for creating thumbnails. Most free video editors I know of lack stability and features.

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I use Filmora for editing. It’s pretty great for being as small and cheap as it use there’s a free version and a full premium version (but you can find the full premium version for free pretty easily online which is what I did). It’s really nice and you can do picture in picture, green screen effects, pretty neat video effects, and a bunch of other things. It also comes with a huge library of royalty free songs you can use as well. The only downside is some of the video effects, transitions, and sound effects cost money but I haven’t spent a single cent on Filmora and the things it comes with is still pretty great

carlosian

Reaction score
Most free video editing softwares lag horribly for me (like Divinci Resolve and Hitfilm for example). The best I've found is good old imovie! And for editing thumbnails I've always used Picmonkey (Also free and you don't need to download anything)!

SUPERFOX5

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you want free, I have used VideoPad in the past, and it works for the most part.

You won't get access to as many video and audio tracks as you would like, but it works for what it is.

If I were to make a suggestion, if you have Steam, and you are able to save up money for a while, then try and get Vegas Pro when it goes on sale for under 100 dollars.

Just my suggestion.

APK3

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have been using GIMP for editing some of my thumbnails. I use the Resolve 15 beta to edit my videos and so far it has been great! Especially for free.

PMW

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use things like panzoid for tthe intros, well found it today and only used it on one video so far but I love it, I use canva for thumbnails and its amazing. For editing, though its not free but Inuse somy vegas pro. I lucked out and the laptop that I bought used already had it on there lol.