Free PC Recording Software?

Barbaroes

Xbox Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Definately Fraps, but you gotta pay *cough cough* ;)

Barbaroes

Xbox Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
OR Dxtory, heard that was really good, Antvenom uses that.

M424Filmcast

Director, Producer, Short Filmmaker, Musician
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger
Usually to get good quality, you have to pay for it. Like I remember I tried to download free video editing software.......and they don't work at ALL...I don't know if it's different for what you're talking about though!
Yeah, this one works really well. You can even do some basic editing with it. Good HQ video. Check out my tutorial vids I did with it. You will see what I mean. :cool:

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Promoting piracy is not allowed on YTtalk.

Alrod360

Proud leader of VideoGameAddictz!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Animator
Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I think I'm going to go with Fraps because that was my original choice, but iwanted to see if there was a cheaper way ;)

Reactions: AJBBB

TheStealthyOne

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
WAIT. WAIT. WAIT!!!!!!

If your going to buy Fraps I suggest instead you buy DxTory! I've been getting my channel set you for about a month now and have played with Bandicam, Fraps, cam studio and Dxtory and I really feel like Dxtory is the future of recording. Dxtory gives you awesome quality videos, Small video files (Where Fraps 2mins is 2.5gbs Dxtory is half that), And the best feature is the optimization! Fraps, well there is no Optimization, with Dxtory you can spend hours just picking what you want on there menu. I high recommend it and think you should look into it!

Alrod360

Proud leader of VideoGameAddictz!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Animator
you have a good point and I might buy Dxtory instead.

TheStealthyOne

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
you have a good point and I might buy Dxtory instead.
Not only that but a fraps license is for only one computer/account. A dxtory license covers up 2 like 3 computers, just alittle thing if your looking to branch out more on different systems. I've been having a great time with Dxtory, An I bought both Fraps and Dxtory and just feel like Dxtory is better for your money simple cause of the file sizes and optimization.

But hey its up 2 you, and some times Simpler maybe better if your not willing to learn a new program:) Anywayz Goodluck, just thought I'd give you my experience before you make your choice