FREE Green Screen Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApexTV

ApexTV Makes Top 10 Videos!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Felt? Interesting. How well does that work? Part of me is thinking "thicker=good, but fuzzy=bad"...
Felt works very good, but be sure that the felt is not so thin that you can see the wall behind it. Like you said, the thicker it is usually the better, but if it's too fuzzy it can become different colors!

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah its that fine line between thick/fuzzy haha, but it worked well.

Reactions: ApexTV

SunshineWow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If you had a rear projection projector with a large enough screen this could work. I feel like the TV (especially an LCD) could give off so much light that it'll make your subject dark (old rule in photography) where a green screen, the light is on the subject (from at least two angles). If you have a dark enough background you could get away with the TV. I use a $15 green screen tacked to a wall. I light it up with two $10 floor lamps angled. It does a well enough job for $35.

TheBatteryChicken

Level 34 Drug Dealer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Learn to rotoscope. Then you don't need a green screen. Just a lot of patience

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I used to use green paint on a cardboard box that I found in the recycle bin. It worked pretty well! : D You can get little sample sizes of the green paint at hardware stores for like $2.50. Make sure there is no gloss in the paint (usually sample paints don't have a lot of gloss) because shiny green screens = editing headache.

LucasJacob23

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You would need a very good quality camera for this. You would also have to take into account the reflection and light from the TV.

ApexTV

ApexTV Makes Top 10 Videos!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It d
You would need a very good quality camera for this. You would also have to take into account the reflection and light from the TV.
It depends on both the lighting conditions and the TV, not so much the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.