Frame rates vs higher texture quality

I've been wondering this question for a while and wanted to see which option is more worth it in terms of visual eye stimulation, having low or medium texture quality in exchange for high frame rates, or high, ultra texture quality with console like frame rates 30 and so one, for reference using a gtx 1050ti at @1080p resolution

I've been wondering this question for a while and wanted to see which option is more worth it in terms of visual eye stimulation, having low or medium texture quality in exchange for high frame rates, or high, ultra texture quality with console like frame rates 30 and so one, for reference using a gtx 1050ti at @1080p resolution
I usually don't have this problem. I always play on ultra settings and I'm usually getting at least 60fps or more. However, I'd much rather have ultra settings than a high fps. Imo, there's no point in having 60fps if you can't have the game seen as it was truly intended via ultra settings.

I usually don't have this problem. I always play on ultra settings and I'm usually getting at least 60fps or more. However, I'd much rather have ultra settings than a high fps. Imo, there's no point in having 60fps if you can't have the game seen as it was truly intended via ultra settings.
I see, but after looking around i've seen the 1050ti can do some ultra gaming, but in a sense it's very limited especially on newer titles that are graphic intensive. So if i wan to get ultra settings in 1080p @60fps my only option is to op for the 1060 but its an extra 100 bucks and i'm trying to keep my build close to under $1000, but i think i can make it work:)

I see, but after looking around i've seen the 1050ti can do some ultra gaming, but in a sense it's very limited especially on newer titles that are graphic intensive. So if i wan to get ultra settings in 1080p @60fps my only option is to op for the 1060 but its an extra 100 bucks and i'm trying to keep my build close to under $1000, but i think i can make it work:)
Yeah that is a good point. It all depends on the games you play and it's always changing every day. And I'm hoping that you are aware that there's different gtx 1050ti's right? This is my GPU: https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-GAMING-X-4G.html#hero-overview There's a huge difference between the one with one fan and this one, but are priced almost the same. The fans don't even kick in until you do some serious gaming. Out of every game I've played (some being wayyyy more graphical than others), not once has my fans moved other than when booting up the pc. Personally, I think it would help if you listed the games you were referring to. This particular 1050ti is relatively new to the market and will cover over 90% of the games out there (to my knowledge because things change everyday). Imho, if you're tight on money or on a budget, this is the card you want. I also want you to know that I'm just trying to help you out. I'm not trying to tell you what to buy. This is just my experiences with using this particular card and I feel like you should at least know its capabilities throughout. If you want the 1060, go for it. It's just as good. It's your build, man.

Yeah that is a good point. It all depends on the games you play and it's always changing every day. And I'm hoping that you are aware that there's different gtx 1050ti's right? This is my GPU: There's a huge difference between the one with one fan and this one, but are priced almost the same. The fans don't even kick in until you do some serious gaming. Out of every game I've played (some being wayyyy more graphical than others), not once has my fans moved other than when booting up the pc. Personally, I think it would help if you listed the games you were referring to. This particular 1050ti is relatively new to the market and will cover over 90% of the games out there (to my knowledge because things change everyday). Imho, if you're tight on money or on a budget, this is the card you want. I also want you to know that I'm just trying to help you out. I'm not trying to tell you what to buy. This is just my experiences with using this particular card and I feel like you should at least know its capabilities throughout. If you want the 1060, go for it. It's just as good. It's your build, man.
i like it, no cramming down of opinions with this guy, i honestly may have to do more research because i could potentially save more money with the 1050ti, and games that im looking to run somewhere around ultra would be stuff like battlefield 1, titanfall 2, and future games like destiny 2 and maybe even anthem even though that look freaking graphic intensive, it just feels like the 1060 would be more future proof then the 1050ti and if i get the 1050ti if i want to start running all my games 1080p ultra i honestlty dont think the 1050ti is going to cut it but the 1060 i think will do it perfectly but i have to watch a lot more comparison and reviews of the product

i like it, no cramming down of opinions with this guy, i honestly may have to do more research because i could potentially save more money with the 1050ti, and games that im looking to run somewhere around ultra would be stuff like battlefield 1, titanfall 2, and future games like destiny 2 and maybe even anthem even though that look freaking graphic intensive, it just feels like the 1060 would be more future proof then the 1050ti and if i get the 1050ti if i want to start running all my games 1080p ultra i honestlty dont think the 1050ti is going to cut it but the 1060 i think will do it perfectly but i have to watch a lot more comparison and reviews of the product
Idk if this will help you out, but I saw someone upload a video to vidme of their 1060 GPU on their Overwatch gameplay: https://vid.me/JhZL Then again, it's not Battlefield or anything like that. The games you've mentioned are games that I've never played, so I can't speak on those games.

Idk if this will help you out, but I saw someone upload a video to vidme of their 1060 GPU on their Overwatch gameplay: Then again, it's not Battlefield or anything like that. The games you've mentioned are games that I've never played, so I can't speak on those games.
Its cool man i'll go and check it out to see what is going to be good for me thanks for the help:)

Back