Fox Business used my content! No permission asked =(

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Another approach would be to contact their biggest rivals (CNN) and ask if they'd be interested in a story about Fox stealing your content. ^^ If they take the bait, that'd be great exposure for you. ^^

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@markkaz I take it you went around to all of the outlets that have your B-Roll and found no recent license payments. It might not take much cash to get an attorney to send a "cease and desist" letter to Fox Business. Have you considered that angle?

Also can you link the original which was stolen for comparison?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@markkaz I take it you went around to all of the outlets that have your B-Roll and found no recent license payments. It might not take much cash to get an attorney to send a "cease and desist" letter to Fox Business. Have you considered that angle?

Also can you link the original which was stolen for comparison?
I don't have link posting privileges but if you search for Track Time 2016 C No Loops, you'll find it.

I don't have B-role uploaded to any licensing sites. That is one of my questions to Fox, if they ripped it from YouTube or did somebody else swipe it and upload it to a site for licensing.

Twitter said that they have expedited my request to another department.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I don't have link posting privileges but if you search for Track Time 2016 C No Loops, you'll find it.

I don't have B-role uploaded to any licensing sites. That is one of my questions to Fox, if they ripped it from YouTube or did somebody else swipe it and upload it to a site for licensing.

Twitter said that they have expedited my request to another department.
If anyone at all ripped it from YouTube, then they have violated YouTube's TOS, which prohibits downloading from the site unless it is A: Your own uploads from your own Video Manager or B: Through the allowances of the Premium Service. Even then, reuse without your express written permission is prohibited.

I wish you luck with this!

Last edited:
Reactions: markkaz

passtheremote

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I never had this happen to me, too small time for it, but would love to hear how this ends...always love a underdog story (even if the underdog is 100% in the right)