Formulating a strategy for outreach and growth

Hayden Gise

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have been making videos for a bit now, but I want to make my videos more searchable and use tags I can compete in. But in general, I want to find a way to make a strategy for video outreach and channel growth.

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Your descriptions need a lot more work. You should make sure that the first two lines reinforce your title and tags (but in a human-readable way...e.g., full sentences.). But currently, what everyone will see if they find your videos in search is just "LIKE THIS VIDEO" which is not really...conducive...to getting high search placement.

Reactions: DoStuffJosh

AnnaGermanGirl

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey Hayden, I just checked out your channel and really like your personality. I think you're on a good track. Making vlogs searchable and can be a little hard because they usually don't have topics that get searched for often. So I would just suggest to experiment with tagging and description a little and check your analytics to find out which keywords attract the most viewers.

That said, suversiveasset is right about your description. One thing you can do is add 3-5 sentences in which you sum up your video content.

As a vlogger, it will be crucial to upload regularly. If you upload regular, this will attract more viewers. If you get more viewers, your videos will be recommended by YouTube more often, which will get you even more views.