Forgiving Jerk Bastards

LiveLoopers

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Observation #1: Comedy?

Observation #2: Forgiving people who abuse you? I understand that there's not point in remaining paralyzed by negative experiences in the past. Maybe I just have a different understanding of the word "forgive" than you do. But I guess I'm in the camp that believes jerk-bastards need to be dealt with rather than forgiven.

ShyGirlGetsLoud

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Observation #1: Comedy?

Observation #2: Forgiving people who abuse you? I understand that there's not point in remaining paralyzed by negative experiences in the past. Maybe I just have a different understanding of the word "forgive" than you do. But I guess I'm in the camp that believes jerk-bastards need to be dealt with rather than forgiven.
yes... some people think I am funny. sometimes... every once in a while.... every blue moon

Jerk-Bastards do need to be dealt with. Forgiveness is about letting go of resentment because you are the one feeling all the pain! and for what.... some jerk that doesn't need or deserve your attention. Not forgiving someone doesn't really punish that person at all, it only punishes you and everyone around you (because now you have trust issues, and see everyone through the eyes of your past).

I hope that answers your question.

Last edited:

LiveLoopers

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
yes... some people think I am funny. sometimes... every once in a while.... every blue moon

Jerk-Bastards do need to be dealt with, but that is on them. Forgiveness is about letting go of resentment because you are the one feeling all the pain! and for what.... some jerk that doesn't need or deserve your attention. Not forgiving someone doesn't really punish that person at all, it only punishes you and everyone around you (because now you have trust issues, and see everyone through the eyes of your past).

I hope that answers your question.
Observation #1 was not meant to imply that you aren't funny on a daily basis. I just meant that this particular video seemed very serious.

That does answer Observation #2. But from a practical standpoint there are some useful reasons to hold on to resentment if you are in a position to actually hold a person accountable. Not the least of which is that if you have experiences with an abusive person your resentment may motivate you to warn other people not to ensnare themselves in the same abuse in the future. Some will argue that physically and emotionally abusive people will always be able to find some person somewhere to harm but we should at least not make it easy for them.

Reactions: ShyGirlGetsLoud

ShyGirlGetsLoud

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Observation #1 was not meant to imply that you aren't funny on a daily basis. I just meant that this particular video seemed very serious.

That does answer Observation #2. But from a practical standpoint there are some useful reasons to hold on to resentment if you are in a position to actually hold a person accountable. Not the least of which is that if you have experiences with an abusive person your resentment may motivate you to warn other people not to ensnare themselves in the same abuse in the future. Some will argue that physically and emotionally abusive people will always be able to find some person somewhere to harm but we should at least not make it easy for them.
I knew what you meant... I was just responding in my usual silly way. This is a serious topic for sure, I would like to think that I discussed it, in a light -hearted way. Which is kind of the basis of my channel: to talk about serious things in a down to earth, funnyish fashion .

So I think that one can seek justice, which in my opinion is the loving thing to do for the individual and to protect others in a process. I think that in this situation it might begin with a lot of pain and resentments, but if done right it will heal the victim and should allow for them to let it go.

I love this conversation btw. This is so important to talk about. no joke.

LiveLoopers

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah, I agree. Thanks for taking the time to talk about serious issues in a down to Earth fashion. More people need to be doing that in my opinion.

ShyGirlGetsLoud

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, I agree. Thanks for taking the time to talk about serious issues in a down to Earth fashion. More people need to be doing that in my opinion.
Thanks! :D. Thanks for your feedback. I can agree that I might need to up the ante in the comedy aspect of the video.

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
Another great video! I also wouldn't use the word forgiving because it kind of implies that you walk up to the person and tell them they're forgiven, but as you said it's about letting go of the resentment. Of course in the beginning it's good and necessary to feel anger and hate in order to stand up for yourself, but then, if the hate persists, it will only hurt you, nobody else.

ShyGirlGetsLoud

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Another great video! I also wouldn't use the word forgiving because it kind of implies that you walk up to the person and tell them they're forgiven, but as you said it's about letting go of the resentment. Of course in the beginning it's good and necessary to feel anger and hate in order to stand up for yourself, but then, if the hate persists, it will only hurt you, nobody else.
good point... Going up to people to say " I forgive you" is not always the best idea lol... and not what I meant but it does sound like that. Thanks for pointing that out lol