For video game playthrough/walkthrough/commentary watchers only =)

NoChainzz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a simple question. If you watch video game commentaries, does the person have to be loud and energetic for you to truly be entertained? Do you, as a viewer, enjoy ONLY enjoy watching energetic commentators or can you still be entertained by a laid back commentator? or one that speaks using normal speaking tones?

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a simple question. If you watch video game commentaries, does the person have to be loud and energetic for you to truly be entertained? Do you, as a viewer, enjoy ONLY enjoy watching energetic commentators or can you still be entertained by a laid back commentator? or one that speaks using normal speaking tones?
i am be Entertained by both....If you look at AVGN hes not exactly shouting as hes playing the game and it's funny and then when he does get mad it's even more funny ...but if you look at Two best friends play there shouting through the whole thing.... the lets plays that me and my buddies do we are always energetic but that's something we can't help cause that's just how we are in real life....i would rather be Organic then tone it down cause then we wouldn't be having fun anymore

Best thing i can say is whatever style works best for you go with that! both laid back and energetic work!

NoChainzz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i am be Entertained by both....If you look at AVGN hes not exactly shouting as hes playing the game and it's funny and then when he does get mad it's even more funny ...but if you look at Two best friends play there shouting through the whole thing.... the lets plays that me and my buddies do we are always energetic but that's something we can't help cause that's just how we are in real life....i would rather be Organic then tone it down cause then we wouldn't be having fun anymore

Best thing i can say is whatever style works best for you go with that! both laid back and energetic work!
thanks bro. yeah im energetic during live commentaries and dual commentaries, but post commentaries it's kind of hard for me to be all excited as i was when it happened because i already know whats gonna happen. lol.

Reactions: Vicboss

Vicboss

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thanks bro. yeah im energetic during live commentaries and dual commentaries, but post commentaries it's kind of hard for me to be all excited as i was when it happened because i already know whats gonna happen. lol.
haha yea i know what ya mean! most times i just play dumb it's so obvious that i know whats gonna happen but it's still stupid enough to be funny haha... keep it up tho man!

NoChainzz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
haha yea i know what ya mean! most times i just play dumb it's so obvious that i know whats gonna happen but it's still stupid enough to be funny haha... keep it up tho man!
thanks a lot man!

vang1lf

http://youtu.be/sM9-w4UkgXI
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love both types really! :) this guys really energetic www.youtube.com/mattstrats

but i'm really laid back with mine! i cant find been energetic on my own! but in a duel comm i seem to perk up!:)

my favourite commentator is XCAL, he is pretty moody to be honest, but hes awesome!!

Vicboss

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love both types really! :) this guys really energetic www.youtube.com/mattstrats

but i'm really laid back with mine! i cant find been energetic on my own! but in a duel comm i seem to perk up!:)

my favourite commentator is XCAL, he is pretty moody to be honest, but hes awesome!!
yea its really hard to be energetic by my self!

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
For me, it's mostly about the game play. Some games I get more into than others. There are times when I completely mute a gaming video (mmorpgs mostly) and there are times I'm more interested in what the person has to say who is filing (shooters mostly).

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me an average gamer and someone who really only watches gaming stuff for figuring things out when stuck like walkthroughs I dont mind too much but I do know that a lot of people get bored quickly watching someone else game when they aren't really talking throughout it, I think as long as you avoid too much silence, have good quality footage and clear audio then you should do fine.

So to answer your questions, no they dont need to be loud or energetic but I think enthusiasm is always good, if someone sounds bored for example that could put people off. I think as long as they are sounding into what they're doing and having fun then it is easier for the viewer to watch. If you were like "Right... 10 seconds silence accompanied by a long sigh... im playing Modern Warfare 3 today...10 more seconds...Oh its loaded now... yeah" all in a bored sounding voice I think that will put people off a lot, as long as you avoid stuff like that then you're on the right track.

Thats my few cents on it.