For the people getting Subs and Views - question

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
So, for the people who are getting good amount of subs a month or week, and views to top that. (not talkign about the sub 4 sub people with 1k subs with 50 views)

Do you guys just release a video and let the search engine do its thing on youtube? or do you go out promote on facebook, websites, forums, etc?

i talked to this guy has about 10k subs moto vlogging and said it was all from youtube and never posted anything in any forums, just time and patience

Reactions: Fost

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
I let the search do it's thing, hit forums, and I go to different channels and streams that I'm cool with so far the sub 4 sub hasn't been happening much thankfully

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I mostly let youtube do all the work for me, I do occasionally promote but when I do its very selective and targeted. generally on forums that are ontopic to the video that I regularly participate in other discussions.

current 28 day analytics
watch time mins 112,286
views 27,386
subscribers +273
total subscribers 1,151

and I am pretty sure I have not promoted a video in the last 28 days outside of youtube

youtube can reach way more people than you ever can promoting your video's and if your promotion gets low retention views it could actually hurt your video's performance.

sometimes it takes time for youtube to figure out what your video is and who to show it to, iv had video's sit pretty stale for a long time before only to take off months later. my advice would be to focus on content/quality if you do any promotion make sure its very targeted. if you want to grow a youtube audience focus on growing your audience within the YouTube platform.

Last edited:

hasanpasir88

Reaction score
I did promote my videos on fb groups the first 2 months. And after that just youtube doing its thing.

Channel is gaming niche.
Current sub 173k.
Average sub per month 10k.
The first 7 months got around 1mil views per month.
After that now around 2mil views per month.
Waiting for the next break.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
I did promote my videos on fb groups the first 2 months. And after that just youtube doing its thing.

Channel is gaming niche.
Current sub 173k.
I mostly let youtube do all the work for me, I do occasionally promote but when I do its very selective and targeted. generally on forums that are ontopic to the video that I regularly participate in other discussions.

current 28 day analytics
watch time mins 112,286
views 27,386
subscribers +273
total subscribers 1,151

and I am pretty sure I have not promoted a video in the last 28 days outside of youtube

youtube can reach way more people than you ever can promoting your video's and if your promotion gets low retention views it could actually hurt your video's performance.

sometimes it takes time for youtube to figure out what your video is and who to show it to, iv had video's sit pretty stale for a long time before only to take off months later. my advice would be to focus on content/quality if you do any promotion make sure its very targeted. if you want to grow a youtube audience focus on growing your audience within the YouTube platform.

Nice yall:biggrin:

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger

current 28 day analytics
watch time mins 112,286
views 27,386
subscribers +273
total subscribers 1,151

Cool man thanks for info. yeah seems i do post videos on dirtbike forums and stuff but just like all the others, other content creators wont really watch your stuff. so i think im going to stay away from forums lol and let YT do its thing whther I grow or not

DangerNuggett

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator

Channel is gaming niche.
Current sub 173k.
Can I see your channel? Your link doesn't work

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do both, especially in the beginning. ALLWAYS work on SEO (title, tags and thumb) that way your video can be found by search but if you have Facebook and Twitter etc. why not share the video there too? it doesnt take that much time and the same goes for promoting it on websites. As mentioned this is important IMO and especially in the beginning. Maybe if you get 10.000 real and loyal subs it isnt that important anymore:)

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I do both but to be honest YouTube does all the job. I still don't understand how or why I'm getting 50-100 subs per day, Where does this people come from? and why they aren't watching all the other videos lol

Last 28 days....
Watch Time: 1.1M minutes
Views: 260K
Subs: 3100
Total: 9900

I guess this is what people call the snowball effect,,, I used to have like 5-10 subs per day and now moving to 100 per day. it says they come from YouTube Watch Page... sorry if I'm too ignorant, but where is that? lol

Robtech

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do both but to be honest YouTube does all the job. I still don't understand how or why I'm getting 50-100 subs per day, Where does this people come from? and why they aren't watching all the other videos lol

Last 28 days....
Watch Time: 1.1M minutes
Views: 260K
Subs: 3100
Total: 9900

I guess this is what people call the snowball effect,,, I used to have like 5-10 subs per day and now moving to 100 per day. it says they come from YouTube Watch Page... sorry if I'm too ignorant, but where is that? lol
From google: "YouTube watch page: This means that the video was watched on YouTube from the video's specific page. It's the precise URL where you can watch the video on YouTube. "

Your links must be getting shared?

Reactions: GameVestment