For the last time YT isnt broken

Xaegoba

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ok for those of you who don't know yet youtube isn't broken because I've seen a ton I've videos out saying that they are losing subs at an accelerated rate and youtube being broken isn't the case!

Youtube is just evolving pretty much there giving everyone a fair chance at success meaning big channels have to make good quality videos in order to keep up.

Youtube is no longer basing success and poularity off of likes and views. Even though those are still factors, being noticed is now mainly based off of view time and how long someone can sit through the BS we as content creators make. What I've also noticed is that it effect Creators who have more that a couple thousand subs so very small YT channels(like me I'm immune to the purge) arnt effected a ton they might lose 10 subs max.

So in conlusion make quality videos and make sure your viewers are watching the whole or most of your video. There is way more info on this on YT and I believe some famous ppl have discussed this but to those of you who don't know or simply don't care... Here it is.

Ps: Yes the content you and I post is complete BS.[DOUBLEPOST=1483412203,1483410752][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok for those of you who don't know yet youtube isn't broken because I've seen a ton I've videos out saying that they are losing subs at an accelerated rate and youtube being broken isn't the case!

Youtube is just evolving pretty much there giving everyone a fair chance at success meaning big channels have to make good quality videos in order to keep up.

Youtube is no longer basing success and poularity off of likes and views. Even though those are still factors, being noticed is now mainly based off of view time and how long someone can sit through the BS we as content creators make. What I've also noticed is that it effect Creators who have more that a couple thousand subs so very small YT channels(like me I'm immune to the purge) arnt effected a ton they might lose 10 subs max.

So in conlusion make quality videos and make sure your viewers are watching the whole or most of your video. There is way more info on this on YT and I believe some famous ppl have discussed this but to those of you who don't know or simply don't care... Here it is.

Ps: Yes the content you and I post is complete BS.
Excuse my spelling errors I typed this while eating a burrito and yes the burrito was good..

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
The problem is that the people that are subscribed to you doesn't get your videos in their feed. Instead they have these stupid recommended videos that you didn't ask for.

Xaegoba

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The problem is that the people that are subscribed to you doesn't get your videos in their feed. Instead they have these stupid recommended videos that you didn't ask for.
The reason that happens is all due to watch time man instead of the person you subed to video isn't showing up in the home screen is sue to the flux in watch time vs preferability meaning youtube pushes there stuff that they want you to watch over the stuff that you want to watch on your own accord it's like saying " I know you want to watch that but watch this instead" but the videos are still accessible through the subscription tab..not the home screen(sometimes).[DOUBLEPOST=1483433103,1483431330][/DOUBLEPOST]
The reason that happens is all due to watch time man instead of the person you subed to video isn't showing up in the home screen is sue to the flux in watch time vs preferability meaning youtube pushes there stuff that they want you to watch over the stuff that you want to watch on your own accord it's like saying " I know you want to watch that but watch this instead" but the videos are still accessible through the subscription tab..not the home screen(sometimes).
Just a disclamer this is all my interpretation of the events that have occurred in the past months as well as some review of "popular" channels stats and decline in views as well as surplus in random garbage that is poping up on my home screen.

LytaneVS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
While YouTube isn't broken, it does have some problems which people notice from time to time especially if YouTube does an update. YouTube is all about that watch time and getting money from Ads that they usually prioritise those things when it comes to updating the site.
"How can we get more people to view the ads so we make more money?"
As they are a business it makes sense but usually makes the content creators feel left out and thrown into the s**t because we aren't told what the changes are or how it would affect us until too late.

There is a series of great videos on Game Theory that go way more in depth about it using data and knowledge instead of feelings and guesswork. It won't let me post a link to the video so the title is as follows:

Game Theory: Is YouTube Killing Pewdiepie and H3H3...and Everyone?

Reactions: chottom and Xaegoba

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Trending is broke as anything. Yesterday a 4 minute video with 700 views made it on to trending, it wasn't good nor mindblowing. Happens a lot recently and it's p*ssing people off, especially those that put in hard work. It annoys me when I spend hours filming, editing etc, to then find a 30 second video of a washing machine that sounds like danny dyer (that is real btw, was no5 on trending a few weeks ago). I get that it's all fair game, but I remember when the trending tab was exciting, and had videos of fights, funny stuff, inspiring stuff, and just down right hilarious stuff. Now it's what?? Washing machines, SNL and bloody film trailers. THAT'S BS

AMX Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
oh wow i do hope that's the case because the whole...the small stay small and larger go larger is not cool for someone like me trying to make it on the ocean of sharks known as gaming channels

Xaegoba

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
oh wow i do hope that's the case because the whole...the small stay small and larger go larger is not cool for someone like me trying to make it on the ocean of sharks known as gaming channels
Well it's not going to be a drastic change but it's kinda like opening a door you have to choose to walk through...

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's a combination of a few things, mainly:
  • Watch time that your video creates across the site as a whole (not individual watch time on your video). That's why "1000 degree knife burning through ..." videos popped up on everyone's recommendations, because a ton of people watch something like that and then end up binge watching science experiment type videos for the next few hours.
  • Meta data (tags, titles, descriptions, and CC are now even more important than ever)
  • How well your previous similar videos performed. (For example, if you make recipe videos and they've all performed well, YouTube will know that you're reliable with regards to recipe videos, and have more reason to promote your new videos)
  • How well other peoples similar videos performed. (Yes, making parodies is a good way to get a video popular in some cases)
While you can't necessarily control how your previous videos performed if they didn't do well, and you can't ensure that someone binge watches YouTube after watching your content if it's just not that kind of content to begin with.. there's still a lot you can do.

Firstly, learn how to use proper titles/tags/descriptions. Secondly, link to other videos from within your videos. Mention something in your video that you addressed in a previous video? Put a card in there linking to it. Shout out another YouTuber? Put a card in there linking to them. Even if someone goes off and watches other channels rather than watching more of your videos after the video ends, that's good for your video and will help with its ranking in search/related/home page.

Just like everything in life: There's a method to YouTube's madness ;)

Pluto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
" I know you want to watch that but watch this instead".
I think that really is the issue most are complaining about. Yt changed their system, so that now, you tubers can't rely on their usual methods to gain views. There's nothing inherently wrong with this change, its just that it was done without warning/ fair notice. It left creators scrambling in the dirt, unsure why they weren't getting the views they were a week ago.

Now that everyone is aware of how youtube is changing and what to do, there will be less complaining.

The change was not the issue, it's that it was done without warning.

(In my opinion)

Reactions: Xaegoba

FunWithTheBugs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Recommend can be a good thing though. Your subs can easily find your videos and if they enjoy you enough will have their notifications turned on.

I personally would love to see my channel in someone's feed as being recommended then just having my videos show up in my subs feed. It is simple enough to just click on your subs tab to see all your subs videos. I don't understand why creators would have a problem with that. It gives you another opportunity to grow.