For successful youtubers here... did you advertise?

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I was really busy at work today and didn't have a chance to check back
...ooops! Here is a small problem i think. You might want to master your time better also :) there is a saying that one cannot carry two watermellons with one hand ;) as for

Due to the saturation of youtube over the years, it's quite possible to make quality content, post every week, and still be lost in the search engines.
I am sorry but no. There is nothing really good or rare or fresh that is not pushed through social media l mean real person not bots qnd get known to the rest of the world. People share all the time. People like to share what pleases them.

I do not know for kid channels but i guess that calls to action (to parents) would be an idea. Hey little one! Call your mamma/pappa i have something to ask him! Hey there. This is a safe clean channel consider tosubscribe and share if you wish to know where your kid hangs out... Etc. Etc.. :)

Paperblossem

Reaction score
Well, you have to keep in mind that this is 2018. This is the hardest time of getting popular on YouTube, that's why you need to think smart.

YouTube 2005 - 2009:
This was the time when YouTube was kinda Facebook-ish. By simply adding someone as a friend they could add you back and/or subscribe. That was the easiest way to self promote.

YouTube 2010 - 2013:
The friend-add function was removed. This was the period when you could legally spam peoples comments with self promotion without getting a strike for it. Nowadays you'll get an instant removal of your channel.

YouTube 2014 - 2018:
The only way to get a lot of subscribers in a very short time is by bulk-following people on other social media and link those social media to your YouTube channel.

My recommendations:
1: Instagram
2: Musically
3: Twitter
4: Tumblr

And these are some websites in which you cannot self promote but still come in handy to grow your audience:
1: Facebook
2: VKontakte
3: Twitch
4: Mixer
5: YouNow

I hope this helps.