FOR GAMING YOUTUBERS/STREAMERS...

Lasersgo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What do you all use for recording software, facecam cameras, etc.? I am thinking of streaming Destiny 2 on PS4 that comes out in a few days so I want to know what I will need! For facecam, is it possible to use my Canon PowerShot SX730 as my webcam?

Thanks in advance!

Selim Keles

Nap King
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
for recording and streaming my pc i just use OBS which is free and its honestly great cause u can do webcam live commentary while either streaming or recording at once as for console i use my elgato to record it but even then i still use OBS to have everything set up cause its just easier you just have to get the right settings

as for recording with your Canon i legit have no idea but would like to find out lol

Zac_Suma

Reaction score
I think ps4 has a built in recorder and ur canon would work :)

Realiti Virtualski

Reaction score
I think ps4 has a built in recorder and ur canon would work :)
Yep, it's fairly easy! You click on the share button on your controller and there you have the option to broadcast your gameplay. I thought it might be easier to show you so if you look up the title on youtube:
"How to stream on Youtube and Twitch on the PS4" - How to Broadcast on the PS4 Twitch and Youtube!
...you will find a video explaining how to make a stream happen.

CDeltaT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
OBS is fantastic. I tried FRAPS, nVidia Shadowplay and DxTory, and OBS has been hands down the best software for me. Streaming, recording, separating audio. Its crazy good. Would recommend

Frisky Brisket

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't have a facecam.....yet, but when I livestream I use my Elgato game capture card. I've never heard of OBS, but I'll totally be checking that out when I get home this evening. I like free because it's....well.....free. :).

Like Zac_Suma and Reallti Virtualski said it's definitely easy to stream from your PS4. I use to do it all the time before I got my Elgato game capture card. The only thing with using the PS4 is that the maximum output resolution is 720p. Using a game capture card, and likely even OBS, streaming your video through HDMI to your PC will be at 1080p resolution. Also, if you stream through the PS4 there isn't a way, that I know of, to link the live stream up to a live stream event that you may have scheduled on your YouTube channel. If none of that really matters to you then live streaming through the PS4 is definitely the easiest way to go. :).

One advantage to streaming through the PS4 is that the stream is simultaneously sent to the Playstation Network's list of live streams so gamers on their PS4s can watch your stream AND it also sent to YouTube gaming so you may be able to reach a wider audience that way. Just make sure to mention your YouTube channel to viewers on the stream if you do things this way 'cause some of them maybe watching through their PS4s and not realize you have a YouTube channel.

I hope this helps.

This thread has also helped me. I gots to go home and check out OBS.

Later my gaming dudes! :).