Font Copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallofBooty

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So I am just curios, when creating banner, logo, thumbnails, the fonts that you can use have to have a free commercial license, right? I found some fonts online that claim to give free commercial use, but when you look into it further, some of them aren't actually free for commercial use. I try to find ones that have the legal disclaimer attached.

Am I being too paranoid about this? Do you guys just use whatever fonts you want, from photoshop, MS word, internet, and disregard any license?

Reactions: wasabiroots

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Hope people reply to this as well. My banner, logo and thumbnails have no words because of all the font copyrights that I saw... I have the same paranoia as you lol. Hope someone would/could enlighten us from our paranoia.

CallofBooty

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The thing is, if you just google free commercial fonts, you get 1001fonts.com website. There you can filter the fonts styles, and also filter by personal/commercial use. When you download them, they come with a user license agreement. Some specifically say that you can use it for commercial uses such as logos, websites etc. So I think it's ok then.

Some actually say that you cannot use it for commercial purpose, even though on the 1001fonts.com it was listed as free commercial. But some fonts don't come with any disclaimers.

Reactions: wasabiroots

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
The thing is, if you just google free commercial fonts, you get 1001fonts.com website. There you can filter the fonts styles, and also filter by personal/commercial use. When you download them, they come with a user license agreement. Some specifically say that you can use it for commercial uses such as logos, websites etc. So I think it's ok then.

Some actually say that you cannot use it for commercial purpose, even though on the 1001fonts.com it was listed as free commercial. But some fonts don't come with any disclaimers.
Exactly what happened when I was searching for fonts as well. Thus the paranoia.

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
i just use whatever fonts i want lol

Brenden

Message me if you need anything :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you go on dafont.com, every font you want to download will have a notice next to it saying whether its free to use wherever,or free for personal use. Majority of fonts on there are free for wherever. I highly suggest using dafont if you haven't.

Also,its very hard to be reported for copyright on a font. At least in the USA,as far as I know,fonts should fall under logos and such. That is what I think. If they fall under logo's, then they are not copyrighted. Yep. You can't copyright logos here, you can trademark them. So if fonts count as logo's, then you can't get in trouble. However,as I said,fonts are 99% of the time,free to use. It is very difficult to get in trouble for it,and you usually won't.

In short, use whatever font you want. If it was uploaded for you to download by the maker of it, then that means they want you to use it. So go ahead.

Xenocity

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always get my fonts from here :
1001fonts.com/free-fonts-for-commercial-use.html
It's a trusted website to get commercial-use fonts, so I suggest using it.

Marilia

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Dafont is my go to site!

But I don't really get too paranoid about these things.. maybe I should start checking cause I have no clue whether or not all the fonts I have on my Fonts folder is free for commercial use

Traior246

Reaction score
Recently some Youtubers in my Country faced these problems as well, asked to pay estimate 66.66USD per year or take down your vids
The Company produced like, maybe 60% of the default Fonts

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Recently some Youtubers in my Country faced these problems as well, asked to pay estimate 66.66USD per year or take down your vids
The Company produced like, maybe 60% of the default Fonts

Hi and welcome to YTtalk. :)

This thread is old. Please don't bump very old threads - It is likely that some of the people are no longer active here and it is very confusing for those who are. ^^

Tip: You can see when a member was last online by clicking on their username above their avatar.

Feel free to start a new thread discussing this topic or reply to a more recent existing thread (less than 1 month old is recommended.)

Status
Not open for further replies.