Fluorescent light bulbs

w00dy14

Reaction score
Just looking on getting some of the cheap ebay set ups for video lighting. They all come with fluorescent light bulbs. At least the one's in my price range. I was wondering if these would cause flickering in my videos and if they are worth it?

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I use a $600 lighting kit that uses fluorescent bulbs. Came with 5 umbrellas but I only use 1 big one because I use the other ones in the studio. I like the fact that I can control how much light goes into my videos along with how much diffusion I want the lights to have. I am not too sure why you think they would cause flickering in your videos?

sipilatommi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think you might get flickering if the light bulb frequency is different from what the camera is set up to shoot. So you need to match the shutter speed/FPS of the camera with the flicker frequency of the light and there won't be any flicker. Some cameras do this automatically when shooting in auto-modes.

w00dy14

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I was all set to buy them then seen in my Camera's instruction book for video taking it talked about flickering with fluorescent bulbs. Sent me back into a spin, lol.