Fixing Audio Issues in my Videos

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I've been asking a lot recently about potential reasons why my channel only has 145 subscribers after 4 years, and audio is the only thing that came up.

Does anyone maybe know what to do with these audio issues in my last few videos? The background noise primarily. Any ideas on how to fix this in OBS?

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So I've been asking a lot recently about potential reasons why my channel only has 145 subscribers after 4 years, and audio is the only thing that came up.

Does anyone maybe know what to do with these audio issues in my last few videos? The background noise primarily. Any ideas on how to fix this in OBS?
Hmm yeah, I can hear an intereference / high-pitched sort of whistling sound, particularly in the left channel.

The best way to improve audio quality is AT SOURCE - ie prevention is better than cure. Once bad audio is recorded, all post-production techniques to get rid of it will also reduce the quality of the "good audio"

The most common causes of this are a bad quality microphone, bad cables to microphone, wrong settings on microphone, electrical / noisy equipment close to microphone that are causing electrical interference. Then, there are some post-production processes you can do to reduce ambient (background) noise. Audacity's "noise reduction" option is very good at this.

Please describe your recording setup (hardware, mic you use? Mic settings? How is your mic physically installed? Is it close to electrical devices? Audio recording software you use? Software settings? Post-production process you do?)

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is a Sennheiser headset, just bought 4 months ago, a huge update from my previous mic. The mic's volume is set to 60 and boost to 20db. It's only close to my PC. There is nothing in the background emmiting noise. It's recorded along with video in OBS as just normal video recording. I have no audio filters on OBS.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It is a Sennheiser headset, just bought 4 months ago, a huge update from my previous mic. The mic's volume is set to 60 and boost to 20db. It's only close to my PC. There is nothing in the background emmiting noise. It's recorded along with video in OBS as just normal video recording. I have no audio filters on OBS.
I found this page with tips for the mic. https://sennheiserusa.happyfox.com/kb/article/87-what-do-i-do-if-the-headset-microphone-is-not-functioning-correctly It could be the sensitivity is set too high.

I'm not familiar with OBS but it's more of a screen recorder than for audio recording, I believe.

My recommendation would be to do a test with using OBS for recording your screen but to use "Audacity" (free software) to record your audio. Audacity has a very good filter to remove background / ambient noise: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/noise_reduction.html

You'd then sync up your video with the audio in your editing software.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Would be a nightmare to record audio and video separately as I record in small clips, not in long sessions.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Also the only settings the mic on its own has are volume and boost, so I can't do much there.