First Upload One Year After Channel Created?

raynre

Reaction score
Hi guys. So I created a new channel with no uploads almost a year ago and had to go overseas quite abrupty and only recently got back.

Now I want to finally get going with creating videos but was wondering if my channel is considered dead? Being empty for so long, has YouTube sunk my channel to the bottom of the barrel in terms of possible ranking/authority?

Should i start a new one? Thanks!

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Upload and see how it goes. Just because a channel is 'dead' it doesn't mean it can't be revived.

MikeSchimm

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If the channel doesn't have any subs you'll be fine. Now, if you had left with subs and views, then your channel would be dead.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It wouldn't be dead because you didn't have any subscribers and views to begin with, if your channel had subscribers and viewers than that would be a little different but even it did you should be able to restart it back up with no problem at all.

MutantCreeper36

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If I were you I would start fresh so that it doesn't seem like you have been inactive for so long it will at least make it seem more like you want to record than being away for a year and then coming back.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Tips to revive any channel
-Start posting consistently (3 and above days a week)
-Make sure to target searchable keywords
- Make sure to optimize your videos
-Create at least 2 playlist a week
-Quality and engaging content
-Interconnect your videos (cards,Endcards,Playlist,series etc)
-Promote, Promote, Promote on communities, forums, social sites.
Did I forget some thing?

Come to think of it, On a new channel you will still need to do the same, So....(making the decision in my opinion is pretty easy)

Hope that helps

Reactions: nicoyun

MutantCreeper36

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
you probably shouldn't create 2 playlists a week but when you have playlists try to add onto them every now and then

raynre

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks everyone. Can't wait to get the ball rolling on this!

Last edited:

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
you probably shouldn't create 2 playlists a week but when you have playlists try to add onto them every now and then
Creating new playlist will only go a long way to grow your channel...by the way when you create new playlist what happens is a new Id is created and YouTube's algorithm looks at that as a new content on your channel.(the more content you post on your channel the more YouTube will favor or promote your channel content)

So again the more new playlist the better

before I forget @MutantCreeper36 the link to your channel isn't working

Last edited:
Reactions: RayKing45

RayKing45

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Tips to revive any channel
-Start posting consistently (3 and above days a week)
-Make sure to target searchable keywords
- Make sure to optimize your videos
-Create at least 2 playlist a week
-Quality and engaging content
-Interconnect your videos (cards,Endcards,Playlist,series etc)
-Promote, Promote, Promote on communities, forums, social sites.
Did I forget some thing?

Come to think of it, On a new channel you will still need to do the same, So....(making the decision in my opinion is pretty easy)

Hope that helps
Wow ... this sounds like a job for someone who doesn't have a job or a life. 3+ days a week? 2 playlists a week? I still haven't figured out how to use cards/endcards, but I'm sure one day I will. I'm just so busy, I don't have time to breathe, let alone do all that. Whew![DOUBLEPOST=1500203379,1500203347][/DOUBLEPOST]
Creating new playlist will only go a long way to grow your channel...by the way when you create new playlist what happens is a new Id is created and YouTube's algorithm looks at that as a new content on your channel.(the more content you post on your channel the more YouTube will favor or promote your channel content)

So again the more new playlist the better

before I forget @MutantCreeper36 the link to your channel isn't working
Good tip, thanks!

Reactions: Boris Qs