First time you where "spotted"

Stephanharz

Reaction score
Well...as title says...the first time you where spotted in real life just doing your own thing and someone just randomly comes up and says are you soso or do you do youtube...ect.

My first time being spotted I wont forget I was shocked as HELL but I was in Atlanta GA, I was tired, hair all messy as hell and having a really bad day...I was walking and talking on the phone minding my own biz and was about to go into a building so I got off the phone and once I did a guy who was walking behind me the for a min said "hey, you have a YouTube right?" and I just looked at him thinking wait what??? an I said yea. He then tells me for the next few minutes how he watched my videos and really enjoyed them and ect..like I said...we talked for a while. I walked away smiling ear to ear and dumb founded like wtf. I only had like 600 to 700 subs if I remember right at the time...but still the odds of that...mind blown!!

Now...this has happened a total of 9 times now...and yes I keep track!! and....each time it happens...i smile wide!

Admin/mods ect...if this is in the wrong sub forum please move to the right place and sorry ahead of time...I just wanted to share my story on this!

Reactions: JayZippo

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I haven´t been spotted by doing youtube, but someone saw my t-shirt (with my website on the back) and had a conversation with me! Then I have met people through youtube though! I would be chocked if someone recognise me from youtube!

Stephanharz

Reaction score
.....I would be chocked if someone recognise me from youtube!
Dude It was so surreal feeling but really made me feel good. Now..it has happened at truck stops or at the Swift terminal...so maybe thats why even with my low sub count some people have ran into me from my channel since well...truckers do get across country pretty easily lol.

Reactions: TheSwedishTraveler

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It hasn't happened and will never happen because I never show my face on my channel.

Don in 5

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
My mom recognizes me, does that count?

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Congrats! I can’t even imagine how heart warming a moment like that could have been. I’m sure it made that bad day completely turnaround.
Maybe one day I’ll get “spotted”, but for now I don’t mind just continuing making animations in a quiet corner of YouTube. Besides, a lot of my most recent content doesn’t actually show my face directly.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Back in 2014 we were out at a little hiking trail park and we came out of the woods and were headed towards our car. This car drove past us in the parking lot, slowed down, went past us but then backed up. The window rolled down and this woman with her two daughters leans out and says "Are you the kids from YouTube?"

Now this happens every time we're anywhere there are kids, but it's always fun getting recognized. Everyone is very polite and it makes so many kids happy to get to meet Jillian and Addie!

Stephanharz

Reaction score
Congrats! I can’t even imagine how heart warming a moment like that could have been. I’m sure it made that bad day completely turnaround.
Maybe one day I’ll get “spotted”, but for now I don’t mind just continuing making animations in a quiet corner of YouTube. Besides, a lot of my most recent content doesn’t actually show my face directly.
It happened late last year and I still remember it! I called a friend and told them and they where like holy crap!! It def made my day MUCH better and every time since...it still puts a [Trump voice] HUGE [/end Trump voice] smile on my face!
Back in 2014 we were out at a little hiking trail park and we came out of the woods and were headed towards our car. This car drove past us in the parking lot, slowed down, went past us but then backed up. The window rolled down and this woman with her two daughters leans out and says "Are you the kids from YouTube?"

Now this happens every time we're anywhere there are kids, but it's always fun getting recognized. Everyone is very polite and it makes so many kids happy to get to meet Jillian and Addie!
Nice, I just watched two videos that you have made and wow good editing and sub count! Now..when the two kids asked if you where from YT...what was your first thought?

Reactions: babyteeth4

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Now..when the two kids asked if you where from YT...what was your first thought?
Just sort of "wow, hard to believe actual people out there are watching this stuff!" I mean we knew the numbers were there, but when you see the actual people it does kind of make you think!

Reactions: Stephanharz

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I started getting recognized pretty early on as "the girl playing at the reservoir." I can't remember when the first time was -- it might have been late 2015. It really surprised me because I had a pretty tiny channel back then. :eek:

But I do remember this one guy staring at me on the bus. At first I thought I must have had some boogers hanging out of my nose or knows what, but then I learned he was staring because of YouTube. Some people might recognize you, but instead of saying what's up, will stare at you for like 15 uncomfortable minutes. xD