First Time Homebuyer DIY Channel Feedback

SWBAH

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Channel Type
Youtuber
HI Everyone,

A year ago I started a channel as we began to renovate our first home. I've finally produced enough content where I think I could benefit from a channel review and would appreciate everyone's feedback. I want to expand in 2020 and want to make sure I put the effort into the right areas.

Here is the link to our channel page So We Bought a House:

I'm looking for insight into the following areas but would appreciate input on anything that comes to mind.

1. SEO and tagging of the videos. I've been working a lot on this to try and make sure people who find get content they are actually looking for.
2. Type of video. Right now I have a combination of Reviews, How-to and vlog style. I enjoy making all three but I'm curious what people think.
3. What do people want to see. The point of the channel is to encourage people to try projects on their own and give some tips and help to get started. I'm no expert and most of the topics are a first try for me, so I share what I did and how it turned out. Do you like this kind of content? Is there a way I can make it better.
4. What am I missing? Any great advice or wisdom the community has.

Thanks,
SWBAH

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think your thumbnails are good. tags don't really matter. I don't think iv even added any tags to my last several video's.

I watched your channel trailer that plays on your home page. I think the first 35 seconds were pretty good then I think its missing a clear value to the viewer. is it a how to make repairs or interior decoration ect. it kinda jumps around and doesn't explain about what's going on. im guessing its a compilation video from other video's but it gets kinda hard to follow. then in the end because it jumps around so much its kind of hard to tell what all really went on. I think it might have worked better to maybe do a slower walk threw of the finished product and cut in some of your compilation clips of what your talking about as your walking threw explaining it.

i think esp as young as your channel is it would probably be beneficial to try to craft your titles a bit more for search results.
i would remove the swbah episode XX from the title or move it to the back of the title as people don't know what swbah is there not going to be searching for it. so instead of swbah episode 9 : the day the ceiling came down.... maybe try "repairing the fallen ceiling " that way it has a clear value and better seo.

i have a series going on that i titled in a series and even though it has some seo in the title i wish i hadn't done that, i have quite a few people following the series so i hate to change it but im going to start braking other video's off that series to try to bring more people in from other avenues.

overall i think you are doing really good though those are just a few things that kinda cought my eye on a quick look as an outsider looking in.

SWBAH

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Channel Type
Youtuber
TY - I'll try all your suggestion. I agree on trailer. I need to cut a real trailer - when I originally did it I was weak on content but now I have more to draw from.